~ALWAYS STRONGER, NEVER WEAKER~

Intricate patterns of ice floated weightlessly downward from the pure white sky above, each flake swirling and dancing, as an icy wind carried it toward our pack. I enjoyed everything about this kind of weather, the satisfaction of being the first to make an impression in a blanket of freshly lain snow, the subtle crunch underfoot as I strode forward and the best bit of all...the sight of low hanging shafts of sunlight illuminating the sparkling whitened scene before me.

Alice predicted that the newborns were coming today. Bella, Jake, and Edward were all up on some clearing at the top of the mountain. Edward thought that it was best for him to protect her.

The rest of Edward's family and my pack were all down at the clearing at the bottom of the mountain, Jake would join us when the fight began. 

I gazed at the untouched snow in front of me. The swirling white and the lush grass collided. The shrubs and trees were stained with white. The ground was as smooth as a cake and the snow fell like icing powder, perfecting it to its finest point.

The walnut brown trees swayed in the cold winter wind. Icicles on the trees dropped with a smash. Like glass cracking and shattering. The weather was frosty and the snow was glittering. Like white sequins laying all over the floor. A chilled squirrel hopped from tree to tree, carefully trotting on branches. The ghostly wind broke the peaceful sound of silence. The snow was damp, every step felt like walking in mud. It was dawn. The horizon was candy red. The sun shone a dandelion yellow along with strokes of carrot orange. The snow now reflected the sky. Large flakes fells as if angels in heaven were having a pillow fight. Though the snow was beautiful it was cold and sharp. Crisp, white, pristine, shining covering that transformed the landscape making it a magical land full of wonder and undiscovered mysteries.

The anticipation was a nervous kind of energy. It tingled through me like electrical sparks on the way to the ground, gathering in my damp paws.

"They're coming!" Alice informs, before racing forward all of us following as the first few newborns broke through the trees.

I heard howling and everything happened in a blur.

Leah and Seth were working together against one vampire before Leah bit his head off. His head being snapped off was like glass being shattered. It wasn't a pleasant sound.

I noticed a lone vampire running straight for Esme. I sprinted over to her, jumping over a boulder in the process. I growled before gripping the girl with my canines, dragging her down to the ground with me. 

I struggled to get on all fours again, the vampire stared at me. Her red eyes were narrowed. She scurried away from me, sprinting off into the forest. I snarled in frustration, chasing after her.

"Reagan, no!" I heard Jasper call but I was too determined to leave the cowardly vampire. I jumped over logs and fallen trees before making it to another clearing.

 I scanned the open space, fallen trees, and piles of snow were the only things that were ordinary. The confusing thing was that the annoying vampire wasn't there anymore, she was gone as if she never existed. She was starting to tick me off.

"Funny seeing you here, baby girl," The dreaded voice spoke from behind me. I swiveled around, my teeth bared. "Oh, so scary!" He waved his arms in mock fear as he smirked, obviously knowing that he was pissing me off.

If only he could read my mind, he'd realize how badly I want to kill him.

"Listen, baby girl." He crossed his arms. "I'm done playing our little game." He raised an eyebrow as if he was asking if I got the point. "Unless our game ends in death," In a flash, he was in front of me, his canines were bared and his eyes were blood red and menacing. He reached for me but I nipped at him but he was faster. He raced away from me, but I knew what he was doing. He was going to disappear and ambush me from behind. I pounced on him, making him stumble and fall to the ground, hitting the ground with a soft 'thud'.

I howled before plunging my teeth into his right leg, immobilizing him. He let out a scream of pure pain and terror.

"Please, baby girl!" He begs, before I tear at his other leg, him screaming in the process.

 Boy, what a scream that was. It made the fur stand straight up on the back of my neck. It was the loudest most piercing scream I had ever heard. It sounded like a scream of wild panic. A scream of hysteria and disbelief, bordering on terror.

"Let me go!" He begged, trying to use his arms to crawl away but to no avail, he wasn't strong enough. He was never strong enough.

The last thought running through my head was that he was always the weak one, I was always the strong one. I was better than him and he knew that. Everyone knew that. I'm always going to be on top, no matter what.

"Jacob!" My ears perked up as I ran through the forest, dodging trees in the process. It sounded like Bella. I broke through the trees, scanning the clearing before noticing a crowd around someone. I assumed it was Jake.

I raced over there, my mind racing with all the possibilities of what happened.

"Jacob, you idiot, I had it!" Leah, who was back in human form shouted at Jake who was clutching his right shoulder. Carlisle was crouched down beside him, trying to set his bones back in place.

"Leah!" Sam warned her as he kneeled down to assist Carlisle.

"We're not going to win the fight with the Volturi," Edward informs Carlisle, who nodded.

"We'll take him back to Billy's," Sam nods, looking down at Jake.

"Hey-" Jake's screams of pain halted Bella from saying whatever she was going to say. She even left her truck door open, which surprised me. But, no one was going to steal that thing.

"It's been going on for a while," Quil spoke up, informing Bella as he rested up against the wall beside the door. "Doc's been rebreaking his bones."

"Why'd he have to but in, I could have taken that tick," Leah cut in with a determined smile on her face.

"Oh, give it a rest, Leah." Paul interrupted, his ar wrapping tighter around my waist.

"Hey," I spoke softly, turning towards him. "Why don't we go to the beach. Take our minds off of things." I whispered in his ear, grabbing his hand. He nodded silently, gripping my hand in his as he led me down the ramp, away from everybody.

The water moves softly around my outstretched fingers, caressing cooly, eddying in its wake. I pull my hand out and watch the drips, transparent and not at the same time. They fall as if snatched by gravity to the saline below, each one swiftly haloed by ever-growing rings, distorting the pebbled sea-bed. In the breeze my hand is cold, yet my back is warmed by Paul, whose legs I sat in between comfortably.

I leaned back against him, my head resting on his chest. I could feel his heartbeat pounding against my back. "You really are in love with me," I grin, watching the waves come crashing in and then receding.

"You're damn right I am," He wraps his arm around me as we both sat in silence watching as the waves rolled out in the distance.