Chapter 1

Karkat Vantas pulled his hood up over his head and stuffed his hands in his pockets. The bus was late, and it was raining. Nobody else was there, but it wasn't exactly expected, it being about eleven at night. He shuffled over to the bench and sat down.

"Hey, Kar," a voice said from behind him. Karkat whipped around to find his friend, Eridan Ampora, standing there. His hair was soaking wet from the rain and his concealer was running.

"OH, ERIDAN. YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME FOR A SECOND," Karkat said.

"I wwouldn't wworry about the makeup thing," Eridan said. "None of the humans come out at this time anywway. Besides, I kinda need the wwater." His gills flapped, taking in the cold water. "Of course it's not the same as seawwater, but it'll do."

"YOU SHOULDN'T BE OUT HERE THOUGH," Karkat said. "I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO SEE YOU."

"Wwaiting for the bus? " Eridan asked.

"YEAH, IT'S LATE."

"You are too. The meeting wwas supposed to start twwenty minutes ago. Evveryone wwas getting wworried about you, so they sent me out to get you."

"HOLY CRAP, I'M LATE? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE? COME ON ALREADY!" Karkat said, grabbing Eridan's hand.

***

"0H, TH3RE YOU 4R3, K4RKL3S, " Terezi said as Karkat and Eridan entered.

"W)(ere have you been, Karkat?" Feferi cried, hugging him. "We were all so WORRI-ED!"

"GET THE HELL OFF OF ME," Karkat said, pushing her off.

"Fef," Eridan said bitterly.

"-Eridan, "she replied just as coldly.

"2ollux!!" Sollux yelled, popping up between the two. "Hey, ED."

"Fef, wwhy wwould you wwant to associate yourself wwith this lisping, mustard-blooded excuse for a landwweller?" Eridan asked, ignoring him.

"Well, )(e's NIC-ER t)(an you," Feferi said, pouting.

"ALRIGHT, EVERYONE, LET'S GET STARTED," Karkat called, waving his hands. Everyone sat down in a circle of chairs. "OKAY, FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS. EQUIUS, I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU NEED AN OBSCENE AMOUNT OF CONCEALER BECAUSE YOU KEEP SWEATING IT ALL OFF. BUT SINCE WE'RE DEAD BROKE, TOO BAD. GET IT UNDER CONTROL. SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS: NEPETA, I UNDERSTAND THAT WE'RE NEAR THE OCEAN, AND I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT THE FISH MARKETS HERE LEAVE THE FISH OUTSIDE, BUT THAT IS NOT AN INVITATION FOR YOU TO EAT THEM, GOT IT? SAME GOES FOR YOU, ERIDAN AND FEFERI; DON'T BE GOING AROUND KILLLING EVERY SINGLE LAND DWELLER WHO HAS EVER EATEN A FISH. NOW--"

"KK, 2orry two iinterrupt, cau2e II know how you get about that kiind of 2tuff, but 2houldn't you be at lea2t a liittle worriied about where we're goiing two liive whiile we're here??" Sollux said.

"I'm gonna havve to agree wwith Sol on this, Kar," Eridan said.

"I- I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS SOME TENSION ABOUT HOW WE'RE GOING TO SURVIVE HERE, BUT I DON'T SEE ANYTHING THAT WE CAN DO AT THE MOMENT-"

"8ullshit," Vriska said. "At the very least, you could talk to those humans you seem to h8 so much."

"I-" Karkat started.

"ShE'S rIgHt, BrO," Gamzee chimed in.

"BUT I JUST-"

":33< Come on, Karkitty, the humans s33m nice!" Nepeta said.

"YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME-"

"Were Not. Just Go Speak To The Kids," Kanaya said.

"FINE. I DIDN'T WANT IT TO HAVE TO GET TO THIS, BUT I'LL DO IT. I'LL TALK TO EGBERT FIRST THING TOMORROW MORNING."

==>

Hellow my lovelies! For those of you who don't know me yet, my name is RandomReadings123, and I'm the girl who runs this story! Um, okay, that's all I wrote... Oh what's this? A disclaimer? Oh yeah, that...

So the guys want me to mention that the characters all belong to the man that, if you're reading this, we have all most likely sold our souls to already, Andrew Hussie. I don't own jack shit, you know, except for like, the whole storyline and almost everything else besides the characters...

Anyways, this is my first full-out fanfiction for Homestuck (mostly I've just done one-shots), so I hope you guys all like it, and I'll try to update it weekly (unless something pops up where I can't publish on time or whatever)! Um, well that's about it for me! See you all sometime next week!

-RR123