ii. PROLOGUE

It was a secret that Hawkins, Indiana was home to the weird and impossible. A secret because if anyone knew what was happening in that town, no one would believe them. A select amount of people knew of the upside, the lab, or what truly happened to Will Byers. 

     One of those people being Mary Henderson. The only reason she knew of what happened was because of her little brother, Dustin. Mainly it was when she was at the Byers house when the demogorgon attacked, with Jonathan, Nancy, and Steve. It was a total mistake, being there, but then she found out her brother was wrapped up in all of it. After that, she had trouble trusting Dustin to even leave the house again. 

     Then a year passed. They had all tried to forget about the Upside Down, Eleven, the demogorgon, and even how Will had gone missing. It wasn't easy to forget, but they tried as hard as they could. Things, for the most part, went back to normal.

     Steve and Nancy got back together, the boys all remained friends, Jonathan returned to be a castaway, and Mary returned to her life as best as she could. They'd all gotten back to their lives as best they could. School, sports, hobbies, whatever they could find to distract themselves. 

     But Hawkins never stayed quiet for long. Mary knew something as major as what happened in 1983 was destined to happen to them again. But this time it felt like it would be worse. This time, something was bound to go horribly wrong.