xxx. CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

~*~
warning: mature language and some cute shit :)

     The school week was completely dreadful. Mary was glad that Alex was only in two of her classes, and thankfully Billy was in one, Steve in the other. That was until they placed him in third period, her gym class which just so happened to contain Billy and Steve. But it was Friday, and Friday's always had the potential to ruin a week. Mary was sitting in the bleachers, waiting to go back in for the girls volleyball game while she watched Billy and Steve playing. 

     The coach blew the whistle, indicating for subs to go in for each game, and one person to come out. Mary slid down the bench with Ashley, crossing her arms as a sigh escaped her lips. Ashley suddenly stood and left, Mary glancing over to see Alex jumping over where she was sat. 

     "Are you shitting me?" Mary asked, sitting up and moving her chair down and away from him. 

     "Come on, sugar. You didn't miss me?" Alex asked, scooting his chair down next to her. Mary shifted in her seat uncomfortably, eyes trying to find Billy on his own court. He was currently turned away from her, Mary shutting her eyes in frustration. She opened them again when she felt a hand begin to slip between her thighs. "What do you say we deal with this outside?" 

     "I'd sooner eat a bullet," Mary snapped at him. She grabbed his wrist and moved his hand off of her, head turning away from him. Steve, on the basketball court, turned his head to look over his shoulder to see where his marker was, but saw Alex sitting with Mary instead. He stood up straight, looking to see Billy was focused on his game. He sighed, waiting until the ball came to him. Once he finally got it, he dribbled up and shot the ball, watching as it swooshed in. He quickly walked to Billy, motioning for whoever was guarding him to walk away. 

     "What do you want, Harrington?" Billy asked, watching as his point guard was looking for a pass. 

     "Have you looked over your shoulder recently?" Steve asked, checking to see if Alex was still talking to Mary. He was. Billy rolled his eyes, looking over his shoulder in the direction that Steve was looking. He almost looked away when he realized what Steve meant. Alex was leaning towards Mary, probably trying everything to get her to just fuck him. "If that were me, what would you do?" Billy stood up straight, motioning to the coach that he needed a sub. The coach obeyed, Billy jogging off the court and going around the volleyball game quickly. He walked up behind Alex, grabbing him by the back of his neck and pulling him up. 

     "What are you doing talking to my girl, Gold?" Billy asked, beginning to square up to Alex. 

     "So you're the boyfriend?" Alex asked with a wide smirk. Mary stood from her seat, watching uncomfortably as she could sense a fight coming on. "I don't see much of a challenge." 

     "She's clearly uncomfortable with you talking to her, leave her alone," Billy said, narrowing his eyes at the boy in front of him. 

     "Or what?" Alex asked with a scoff. Mary tensed up, not knowing what could possibly happen. She hadn't seen Billy get angry since all that stuff happened back in October, so this was something new. 

     "I'll fuck you up in ways you can't even imagine," Billy seethed at him. 

     "Billy, come on," Mary said, trying to pull him back from Alex. The two boys kept their stone cold glares on each other, Mary grabbing Billy by his waist and pulling him away. He turned around, beginning to walk with Mary. "You don't have to fight all my battles for me." 

     "How can I even trust him after what you told me yesterday?" Billy asked, turning to her quickly. "Of course I'm going to try and be there for you, Mary. He's a horrible fucking person."