IV: Affairs

Screams were heard from around me, whose I couldn't tell but my ears tingled with high pitched shrieks of terror. Lights popped all around me as I lurched forward, hoping to draw more blood... But stood there in my way was my mate. He looked pitiful, he looked upset that I was going to kill his whore. How dare he. 

My claws retreated. I was overcome with anger, anger at my mate for protecting her,  and anger at Audree for existing.  I stepped back regaining my equilibrium finally looking at the scene around me. 

There was shattered glass coating the floor,  pack members huddled together against the walls, terrified- they all stared at me. I refused to be a monster,  something I'm not.  I raised my head proud and tall and with a voice of power I didn't know I had I spoke. 

"Alpha what will you do?" I paused with a slight smirk as pride filled me. They were all scared of me, a pitiful omega.  "I am your mate and according to pack law you have shamed me with your affairs, I have the justified right to kill you.. Or will you reject me?"

Shaking he pressed forward,  away from his girlfriend and towards his mate. My wolf smiled, he was going to accept us. 

"You are a disgrace to the pack,  you have used witchery to abuse pack members and confuse my wolf.  You are not and will never be my mate"

  My mood darkened, the zaps of power sprung throughout me once again. If this is how he would like it to be then it shall. Why should I bow to him? I will do him one last favor.

"Fine, We are no longer connected." My eyes glowed a violent red as the tie between us severed. I will spare him as he was once my mate but this will be his last chance. 

" Your life will be spared, but in return you must promise me something. I want full acceptance from this pack.  You will never speak of these events or of me, less I return and bring the demise of you all. " with a nod and a look of pride I ran.

  Still dazed from this recent power. I sprinted past the border into the woods, my mind focused on only one thing.  Survival.

I know it wasn't a long update,  but I have already started on the next chapter. I want to thank y'all the readers so much. All of your comments,  votes,  even y'all just adding Rejected Yet Powerful to your reading list is what keeps me motivated. I hope y'all enjoy it and I will see you guys tomorrow with Chapter 5 :)