V: Weathered

Mentally I was claustrophobic.
My minds walls pushing in on me; crushing me slowly. The wilderness, the loneliness, affecting  me. Somehow leaning against my little tree I could feel my mind rip apart.
  That was until I heard the rustle. I turned, sharp, quick, and determined. I refused to die by another's hand- especially one of a mangled rogue.

A brown paw crept out of a bush, so quickly I almost missed it.

I attacked.

My wolf growling at the predator I launched myself at the brown wolf, expecting it to fight back I smiled. Finally I'm not alone. And yet it didn't fight, tail wagging the wolf ran from me with a wide grinning smile. A chase? I prayed I could last in my weathered state- I wouldn't dare to show weakness. So I chased it full speed, feet ripping into the grass as my body flashed forward.

The trees passing me by and the wind in my hair lit up my face. Maybe this was a friend I thought as my foot landed in a roped trap. I stop when I heard the loud click. And then I was upside down as a brown wolf dauntingly pranced around my hanging form.

I caught you

The little pup smirked, how dare it. I closed my eyes, hoping for that burning red to come.. but all that came we're bright specs of floating light. Flowers bloomed around me. Twisting and pulling at the rope, wrapping me in glories and freeing me. The smirking pup looked aghast at the sight. A dirty omega covered in the Goddesses flower was a unseen sight. And yet he bowed before turning and restarting our sprint. 

Maybe this is what I need. A friend, a companion, someone to ease the dark thoughts that linger in the woods.

Okay so I know it's been weeks since I last updated. But I've been really busy with classes and theatre- but I do promise to get a bit more frequent. And it is a short update but I can't express how much y'all s comments and reads mean to me. We're at 4K and for a sub par writer who overuses commas that's insane, you all mean so much to me though so thank you for even clicking read on Rejected Yet Powerful. And if there are any of you who also read my other books then I do want you to know I plan on updating those too :)

Tons of Love,
MMB