14

Lucy's POV

It was a foggy day as I sat on Natsu's desk, looking out from the large window on my left.  As I was looking, Natsu was in his chair doing some work. I wasn't sure what it was, but I just let it be.

Looking down at him though, I could see the stress in his eyes. He slightly gritted his teeth and played with his silver pen.

I sighed as I took in his expression. I put my hand on his head and gently stroked his hair. "Don't stress yourself out so much... you'll lose all of your hair..." I smile. My plan works and Natsu chuckles. "I'm going to go meet with the others, I'll be back in the evening." With that I pull back his bangs and kiss his forehead. I pop off of the desk and walked towards the door. I gave him one last wink before walking out.

The office was filled with people, which I normally didn't expect. One in particular walked up to Natsu's office and saw me walking outside. She had long white hair and big gray eyes. She growled at me. "Hey, who are you? And why are you in the boss' office?" She says in disgust. I look at her. "Why does it matter to you?" I glare at her. She scoffs. "Matter to me? I'm his future wife of course!" I raise my eyebrow at this.

"Look, I don't know who you are, but you better back off. I get that your new here, but let me break it down. Natsu's mine. If you want him, you better get in the long line behind me. I was here first and will get him. Understand?" she states.

I stare at her. "Does Natsu even know you exist?" Her eyes widen. "I'll have you know that he'll fall eventually. I know he will!" She screeches. I give her a side look before walking away. Is everyone in the office like this?

°✧✦✧°✧✦✧°

"He's so cute!" I coo at the small child, Reiki. He had scarlet hair like his mother, and dark green eyes like his father. Erza smiles at my comment. "Yeah, he's about to turn three weeks soon too." I gently had the child back to Erza. "He takes a lot out of me though; with the feeding, sleeping, and constant crying." Erza brushes the baby's hair softly. "Is it worth it? Parenthood?" I ask her, curious about that lifestyle.

"It's the best thing that's ever happened to me." Erza looks up at me. We exchange smiles as I think of what Natsu and my child would be like, or what parenthood would be like for us. I know it would be different because the child would be the heir of the Mafia, meaning a target will always be on it's head unfortunately. It's uncertain if it will ever have a normal life.

"Well, it's about time for a nap, isn't it?" Erza squeals at Reiki. He gurgles as Erza says her goodbyes and heads to a private, quiet area.

"It makes you wonder, doesn't it?" Mira comes behind me. "What having children is like." I turn around and see Mira holding her stomach. I look closer and see that her clothing is a bit more flowy then normal. She also is standing a little shorter today, which means that she came to the bar with flats instead of heels today, which is weird for Mira. I raise my eyebrow. "Mira?" I question her. "Yes Lucinda?" Mira answers, confused. "Are you..." Mira blushes and covers my mouth. "Shhh! Keep it down!" She exclaims. I smirk at this. "So you are."

"H-how'd you know...? Is it obvious..." Mira asks, nervously. I shake my head. "It's not, I'm just... good with observations and piecing things together. It's one of the reasons Boss hired me." I halfway lie. I'm not good by choice of course, my father is an example of that. It's also not why I'm here. "Oh yeah. How did you find Boss?" I cringe. Calling Natsu 'Boss' was weird enough, now I have to lie about how we met.

"W-well, it's a long story, but basically a cashier was trying to scam me, but I was easily able to shut him down because of my skills. Natsu noticed this and noticed that I didn't have a place to stay, so he approached me and said he would let me stay with him, if I worked in his Mafia. I didn't have a place to go and had been homeless for quite some time, so I agreed. That's when we were attacked by those two and you know the rest." I explain quickly. Mira nods. "Well, I'm glad you came here." Mira grins.

"Me too."

°✧✦✧°✧✦✧°

I walk back to Natsu's office after a long day at the bar. I was worn out and was really looking forward to sleep. Besides, I was curious as to what Natsu was up to.

"Natsu?" I call out, opening his office door. I walk in his office only to see that it's empty. This would be normal, but it's after hours, which means the office is closed. He could be downstairs doing something Mafia related, but I doubt he would. Most of the top people have gone home, so there would be little people to talk to.

I'm about to turn around when I feel someone wrap their arms around me from behind. I freeze for a moment before sighing in relief. By the way the person held me, and the certain smell that had entered my nostrils, I could clearly tell it was Natsu.

"Lucee......" he mumbled, putting his chin on my shoulder. I couldn't lie, the way he was acting was adorable; but it still didn't explain why he wasn't in his office, or how he got behind me.

"Natsu, why..." I trail off as he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses the side of my neck. He seemed somewhat rough in his desperate cling to me, as if he craved for me like some addictive drug.

I felt him inhale my scent, growling at the smell. He then softly bit into the crook of my neck, causing me to gasp. "Natsu, w-what-" He interrupts me. "Shhh... It'll be fine.." he continues to kiss my neck, his hands roaming lower.

I turn around and push him off. Natsu pouts. "What's this about?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Isn't it obvious?" Natsu leans in, our noses brushing in teasing contact. "I want you..."  He closes the distance as his lips reach mine. I melt into the kiss eventually and wrap my arms around his neck. His arms fall down to my upper thigh and I jump; wrapping my legs around his torso.

He continues kissing me, closing the door with his foot. He walks forward, plopping me onto his desk. He removes his suit jacket white I unbutton his shirt. He then moves his hands up my torso. "W-wait.." I break the kiss. Natsu groans.

"A-are we really doing this here?" I ask him. Natsu smirks.

"Why not?"