15

Lucy's POV

It was around midnight, when I woke up to the sound of items being shuffled around in our temporary room.

I shift about, causing the commotion to stop, meaning it's a person making all this noise. I settle down, pretending to still be asleep. The person lets out a breath of relief before continuing whatever they were trying to accomplish.

While moving, I noticed that I couldn't feel my pink-haired fiancé anywhere on the bed. So that must be him then, I internally sigh.

I knew what this meant. He was going to leave to go fight the mafia helping my father, which means he'll be gone for awhile, and might not make it back alive.

The fact that he would never get to marry my fiancé or start a family of course made me sad, but the fact that I could never see him again made things worse. I truly do love him, and I dont want anything bad to happen to him. I know it's his job to protect his mafia and fight other mafias, but I don't want him to. Is it so wrong, to want him all to myself? Probably so, but I didn't care.

I could feel tears puddle in my eyes as I scrunched the blanket on top of me. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to get rid of the traumatic thoughts running through my head. I'd cried enough tears for one week.

"Hey, dont cry. I'll be fine." I open my eyes and see Natsu sitting on the temporary bed. I rub my eyes and sit up. "Natsu, you can't go. It's only been five days, a-and your still injured. I can see you try to hide it." I state. "Injured? Pfft, I'm completely fi-" Natsu pauses and grimaces when I press a certain spot on his lower side torso. I can see him blink back tears, which for a mafia boss must mean it's extremely excruciating. "See, I told you. Whatever those guys gave you, it still hasn't fully worn off. Your also still suffering for head trauma, a scar on your mid back, and a sprained and bruised ankle. With the drug they gave you, it's amplifying the amount of pain. Your not in shape to fight!" I exclaim.

He shakes his "It doesn't matter. This has to be done. I can't let them track you down, now can I?" Natsu grits his teeth.

I stare at Natsu. He raises his eyebrows. "What? Is there something on my face?" I put one hand on his cheek, ignoring him.

I studied his face. I noticed how his eyes were dark with a hint of green. Noticed how his hair fell down in the front, ever-so slightly covering his face. He had this cute little dimple whenever he smiled. To me, he was perfect. Looking at him, you couldn't tell he was the boss of one of the biggest Mafias in the world.

"No, it's nothing." I finally respond, meeting his eyes with a smile as I remove my hand. Natsu nods back and gets up. "Well, I should get going..." Natsu walks towards the door.

I panic. No, he can't leave so soon! I barely got to see him, or hold him!

In a panic to get out, I stumble out of bed and lunge at him. I trip shortly after, falling backwards.

I know that putting my hands back to brace the impact could damage my arms, so all I really could do was fall back. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact to come, but it never came.

I open my eyes slowly. "Still as clumsy as ever, huh." Natsu smirks at me. "S-shut up!" I blush, embarrassed. I don't know why, I've fallen and tripped around him so much, but I guess it was the in heat of the moment.

Natsu sighs and lifts me up bridal style before he walks to the bed. He lays me down gently. "Get some rest, okay? I'll be back before you know it, I promi-" I cut him off my grabbing his torso and pulling him into a tight hug; my face buried in his chest.

"Lucy? I have to go..." Natsu states. I hold him tighter. I felt like he couldn't be closer enough, as if he was so far away when in reality; he was right here. "Too tight Luce." Natsu whimpers. "I-I'm sorry." I loosen my hold a little, which causes Natsu to let out a big sigh of relief. "Could you just.. stay here.. just for a little while?" I mumur, but Natsu hears me and chuckles. "Sure, Luce."

He then wraps his arms around me, slightly pulling me closer. As I pressed my self against his chest, I could feel his heartbeat. The steady Rhythym put me at ease and I soon found myself drifting off.

Natsu's POV
I look down and see that Lucy fell asleep. I gently move her off of me and lay her down. I sigh as I look at her.

The way her golden hair shined, her big brown eyes sparkled, and her gorgeous smile glistened made her look flawless to me. I know she always complained about certain things about her appearance from time to time, but those 'imperfections' made her look so beautiful to me. I don't know, maybe it's love.

I kissed her forehead and got up gently. I walked to the door and looked at her one more time, before sighing and shutting it.

I know she didn't want me to go, especially with all my fresh injuries. I can't deny, those places that she mentioned sting so bad, even when she barely touched it I felt like my body was being ripped apart. It was worse than the fight. It was utter hell, but I couldn't afford to rest. I still felt pain and extremely dizzy at times, but it didn't matter. So long as this threat existed, I had to execute it. No matter my condition.

I head downstairs and see the rest of the crew; Gajeel, Gray, Juvia, Jellal, Laxus, and some people who worked for them. "Ready, Boss?" Gray asks. "As I'll ever be." I take one more look up towards my office, before leading my group out.