.07

It had been almost an hour and Jungkook hadn't been able to properly finish the work assigned to him. He saw her today in his office. Everything was going according to plan after many times wasted trying to brainstorm new ideas for Bang Sihyuk's office and the smile on her face was so wide as she strode away, a sigh of relief made out of her lips, her arms hugging the files she had and Jungkook didn't need to get close to know that her eyes were gleaming with joy.

He should be happy for her, but he wasn't.

He couldn't get happy for her because the sight of Chaeyoung with Taehyung never left his mind. He even had a dream of him watching Chaeyoung in a white dress with Taehyung standing beside her. He awoke with sweats as though it was a terrifying nightmare.

Jungkook had hoped for her to grab a simple meal in the cafeteria like she used to before going off somewhere, but when he went there, she was nowhere in sight. He felt his heart clenched as he mulled over the thought of her heart had been occupied by someone else who wasn't him.

Perhaps, Taehyung did change for the better after all. If he didn't, there would be no way she would let him in for the second time. Jungkook lowered his eyes as he seated himself on his chair, all the plans he had formed in his head now seemed useless.

*

"What's this for?" Jennie asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

"Did you win a lottery or something?" Namjoon asked, taking a piece of meat into his mouth.

Chaeyoung smiled warmly, taking a spoonful of rice into her mouth. "Remember the fussy client I was talking about?"

Namjoon didn't spare her a glance, concentration was fully on the food in front of him. Jennie on the other hand stopped chewing for a moment, giving her full attention on Chaeyoung as she nodded lightly. "Yeah, what's with him?"

Her hands clasped on the small space of the table before her. "Finally, like finally, he is satisfied and I can start working on his personal office. Probably the biggest burden's off of my shoulder."

"And so you're treating us?" Namjoon asked for confirmation and she nodded as a response. "Then you should have invited Taehyung to celebrate the loss of your stress."

Chaeyoung's chopsticks stayed in her mouth before she pulled it out completely, the smile she had on her face dropped and was replaced with a soft frown. When she lifted her eyes to look at Jennie, the latter was sighing next to Namjoon as if she was tired and annoyed. Her eyes drifted to Namjoon who was already looking back at her with an unimpressed expression evident on his face.

"What?" Namjoon questioned, feigning innocence. "You made up with him. You even had a dinner with him recently."

Jennie raised an eyebrow questioningly at her and Chaeyoung stared at her friend for a while, letting a sigh escaped her freely and loudly as she threw a glance at something else. "It's not like what you think."

"What's not like what we think?" Namjoon pushed. "Come on, I'm not going to embarrass you for finally eating back your words about him. I've always known that you two will always end up –"

"It's nothing like that. Nothing special about it," she cut him off. "Dream all you want."

Namjoon scoffed and let a smirk painted his face. "Why do you even agree to go to the dinner with him if it's nothing special?"

"I wanted to make things clear for him."

"You're just in denial."

"Stop it, Namjoon," Jennie warned, placing a hand on her boyfriend's arm.