.16

Chaeyoung was unsure if what she was doing was the right thing. But then, Jungkook was no stranger to her and he knew about her story. Despite the multiple times Jungkook had shown her and told her how his feelings hadn't changed, sometimes she felt uncertain if she should show him her whole feelings as well.

"I'm gonna get changed," she said as soon as they both entered her apartment. "You don't mind waiting?" she asked, turning around to face him.

"You look so beautiful," Jungkook said, his eyes gazing into hers fondly. Chaeyoung wished that Jungkook knew how every time he looked at her the way he was doing right at that particular moment, it always made her feel weak in the knees, especially when he complimented her looks.

Chaeyoung said nothing in return as she gazed back at him, not even doing anything as he shifted his feet towards her, getting closer until they were only inches apart. It was the clinking sound of the bottles that made her snap back into reality before she could get herself sucked deeper into a fantasy of him pulling her into his arms. Only God knows how much she wanted to be wrapped into the ever so familiar embrace of him.

Clearing her throat as she avoided his eyes, Chaeyoung smiled and tried to act as normal as she could. "I look like shit right now. What do you mean by beautiful?"

There was a soft chuckle coming from him. "You're a beautiful shit then."

Her eyes widened in surprise, looking up to him to see those crinkles forming at the corners of his eyes as his smile broadened on his beautiful face. Chaeyoung laughed and subconsciously punched him in his chest. "How dare," she said in a mixture of whiny and laughing voice. "I'm serious. I look like shit with my mascara ruined."

He reached a hand to cup her cheek softly. Without realizing, she leaned toward his palm, feeling comfort as his thumb caressed her skin. "Will you tell me why you look like shit?"

She breathed, closed her eyes. "But I need to get changed."

"Okay."

"I'll probably take a long time."

He lightly brushed the few strands of her hair that got stuck to her cheek with a soft smile decorating his handsome face. "You know I always don't mind waiting for you to get changed. So go ahead and take your time. I'll be right here. You don't mind if I take out the glasses, do you?"

Returning his smile, Chaeyoung nodded and replied, "Make yourself at home." She swallowed the lump that built in her throat as she quietly said, "Just like before."

*

Make yourself at home. Just like before.

Jungkook smiled as Chaeyoung left him to get changed. He proceeded towards the kitchen, retrieving whatever he needed. He knew exactly how long Chaeyoung would take to finish getting changed and get her makeup removed completely and all, so it was quite a surprise to see her out of her bedroom earlier than he expected.

"That's quick," he commented and noticed that she halted her steps while rounding the coffee table.

With a soft shy chuckle, Chaeyoung slowly went to the couch and took a seat. He expected for some conversation to start but then, she surprised him by taking the glass into her hand and forced the beer down her throat. It was then that he knew the thing that had bothered her earlier hadn't completely gone, and that she was really considering the alcohol to take her mind off of it.

"Ba – Uh, Chaeyoung. You alright?" He swallowed, almost making a mistake at calling her 'baby'.

Chaeyoung smiled at him, but it was so obvious how that smile did not equal to a smile born out of happiness. "I want to. I want to be alright."