|11|•the lighter the berry, the bitter the juice.

God only makes happy endings. If it's not happy, then it's not the end.

May 27, 2006
Tokyo, Japan

SORAYA
It's been almost a year since the trial and since we've moved to Bahrain. I had to say, it's been the best decision we could have ever made because now Michael could actually have some peace and heal from those terrible months of stress and depression. I can really and truly say that he was gaining his confidence back and his happiness and as long as he had me and the kids, everything else did not matter. He was fulfilled. After we stayed in Bahrain for a few months, we've moved to Ireland which is a very beautiful country. The people there are wonderful and the food is amazing, especially the houses there. The big move pretty much made me put a halt on my career just to make sure that Michael was in a better state of mind. And as much as he encouraged me to continue working and not take a break because of him, I didn't listen. My family came first and I loved what I do, of course, but that's what I had employees for. Also, the kids were being homeschooled so that they could be caught up on their schooling and correct grade so when we do decide to move back to the states, there won't be any issues regarding it.

As of now, we were backstage with our entourage in a dressing room of the Yoyogi National Gymnasium. Michael had just recieved the Legend Award from the MTV Music Awards Japan and we were actually waiting to meet a young lady by the name of Rihanna that Michael asked to meet upon his return. I have heard of her music and she's a very beautiful, talented young lady. Honestly, I see her doing big things in the future to come.

"Boy, you just snagging all of the international awards, huh?" I joked, picking up his award from the small table next to the mirror. I stood beside him as he sat in a chair.

Chuckling, he says humbly, "I am not. I'm just being appreciated for my hard work."

"Honestly, you are," I laugh and setting his award back down carefully, "but that's 'cause you're the best to ever do it."

"Thank you, Queen."

Moments later, the door opens and the commotion from outside fills the room, getting Michael's and I attention. We look ahead at Janelle holding the door wide open and in walks Rihanna, the young lady my husband was dying to meet. She wore the biggest smile on her face and I could tell she was nervous to meet him. She came to me first with her hand outstretched for a handshake and I glady accepted it.

"Oh, my God!" She squealed causing both me and Michael to laugh at her reaction, "it's such an honor to meet you Mrs. Jackson. You're so beautiful."

I flashed my smile at her, loving her Barbadian accent and replied, "Call me Soraya. It's an honor to meet you, Rihanna, and thank you. You're beautiful yourself, sweetheart."

This made her blush as she turned to Michael shaking his hand as well. "And you can call me Michael. It's very nice to meet you." He smiles at her.

"Umm," she hums nervously, "I was shocked when my manager told me that you wanted to meet me. I'm just-wow!" She shook her head.

"Yes, I did. I heard you were pretty new on the scene and my wife and I saw your performance tonight. You were amazing." He genuinely tells her, making her blush more than she already was.

Michael and I talked with Rihanna for a good fifteen minutes, took pictures together and she was really floored when she heard me singing a few lyrics to her hit song "Pon de Replay". I told her how that was one of my favorite songs from her album. Another topic was my cosmetic designs that she was a huge fan of. She asked me how did I come up with such vibrant colors and the genius ideas to create Queen Cosmetics. She even mentioned how one day she wanted to create her own cosmetic designs as well and name it after her maiden name Fenty. She and Michael exchanged a few words talking music and potentially working together in the studio one day, which will turn out to be a promise well kept.