Part 7

"You're so late." Dylan hissed when I opened the door to his house with a spare key. I didn't know that Katie would take me drinking and one bottle already made me dizzy which is unlikely since I have high tolerance in alcohol.

I waved at him and collapsed on the sofa, too tired to take a shower and change.

"Wake me up tomorrow." I yawned. Dylan shook his head and pulled me by the legs. I groaned.

"Hygiene is a necessity in life!" he puffed as he tried to get me out of the sofa. I kicked his thigh and he staggered back, flinching.

He suddenly turned silent and frowned, looking at the floor and I knew right away that something was off. "What's up?" I asked.

"Dad called today."

"What?! "

That made me jump up, my heart getting out of my chest. I began to feel my hands shaking, I clenched them to control it.

"Why did he call?" I whispered cautiously. Dylan crossed his arms, sensing my nervousness. I mean, this is the man that kicked me out despite being his only daughter.

"He's asking if I know where you are."

"Did you tell him?" I demanded, I suddenly pictured myself being dragged by my father into the house of doom. I hate our original home, it's too big that I can install a pool in my room, the maids and workers are so nosy and create rumors about me and I seem to have no privacy with all the cctv cameras.

"Of course not, not without your consent." my brother said. I sighed in relief and collapsed back on the sofa, my body turned a bit at ease.

"That man kicks me out and then asks for my location." I gritted my teeth. "Fucking bullshit."

I felt Dylan shift uncomfortably. I sat up and stared at him. I wanted to break this awkward ice between us. He told me what happened to him today so I should also do the same, it's a sibling thing between us, whatever happens we share.

"I found her."

He frowned. "Who?"

"That girl I drew in the park. Kara Harington." I sighed. "She studies in Paramount."

Dylan laughed and I glared at him.

"What?"

"Kara Harington." He tapped his chin. "Of course she studies there."

"What do you mean?"

He sat on the sofa across me. "I knew her older sister, she studied in Paramount too before going back to England."

"So they're from England?"

"Well, yeah."

Her face went in my mind and I smiled, her features are definitely European. Are all people from that area of the world beautiful? Or is it just me?

"Why are you smiling?" Dylan asked me. I blinked and frowned at him.

"Huh? "

He just smirked and shrugged it off. I threw my shoe at him and went upstairs, ready to go to sleep.

"Wash your face and brush your teeth!" he reminded loudly.

I locked the door of my room and quickly went to my desk. I took out the pad I recently bought and flipped it open, revealing Kara's unfinished face. I erased some stuff and drew again not knowing that I'd be finished around 1 am.

1 week later...

Everything was okay in Paramount, I started to adjust, my wounds were nearly healed and I was well acquainted with the members of the sketching club. I became close friends with Katie and George but William still gets on my nerves, it was any normal day until..