Chapter 9: Demons

Lucifer had ordered his little minions to return to hell that instant, seeing that his minions had almost destroyed the city.. almost. He had grown frustrated with all the murders, even he had enjoyed it in his head. But ever since I appeared, he did not want to do any more evil no longer. Last night's event played in his mind as he couldn't stop his thoughts from running inside his head.

'She ruined my life, how nice.'

He bites his lip as he stared out the window of his office, arms crossed and toes tapping against the floor impatiently. He couldn't seemed to get me off his mind.

But he will find answers.

~

I searched up some news about the murders that happened a few days ago, suspicious of the activities of these unnecessary murders. When I did, there was no clue of the murderer.. as it was like a massacre without a reason. God rest their innocent souls.

I spent some time researching on those murders, hoping something will explain it. Then I also searched about those shadows with red eyes.

Demons.

The word popped into my head unexpectedly and soon realised it, those demons murdered them. I decided to call on Lucifer, waiting for him to pick it up.

"Lucifer speaking," He said with a bored tone at the end of the line.

"Lucifer, it's Maeve.. Can you tell me more about demons?" I asked, curiously.

"This is a private matter, Maeve. You don't want any part of this," He warned with a sigh.

"But what if I want to?"

"You'll discover things and hell, your life won't be the same anymore. I don't want that because that will be on me."

Sighing, I replied, "Please, Lucifer."

"So be it. Meet me at my mansion at 8."

We ended the call with some tension. Time passed again until it was almost 7, and I rushed off to Lucifer's mansion as fast as possible. Surprisingly I made it on time and knocked on the large wooden door. Some old woman answered it and smiled, "Come on in, Lucifer's expecting you."

With a nod, I ventured inside seeing the familiar interior when I walked to his office as the woman brought me inside.

Lucifer sat there with a playful smile.

"Welcome back."

I resisted myself from rolling my eyes when I sat across from him again, "So are you gonna tell me or not?"

"Impatient are we?" He chuckled, dryly.

Conversations began as the old woman brought in some tea and biscuits then left quickly shutting the door.

"So these demons.. they murdered innocent people. And since you're the devil.. why don't you command something?"

"I did. Unless their stubborn asses decided to come back," He shrugged, munching on some biscuit.

But in a flash he was directly in front of me holding my arm, "I need to show you something then."

Nodding, I followed him now to the library. Books were arranged perfectly and accordingly in the shelves, but rather dull in colour. He moved to the corner where he pulled out a leather book that was bound with some rope, and hands it out to me.

"Everything you need to know is in here," He noted with a small smile.

I looked at him confused, "Oh why are you helping me anyway?"

"Favour for a favour," He chuckled.

"If you help me.. Then how should I help you?"

"Easy," He winked, "Stay with me here on weekdays. So that you'll also be able to gain more knowledge of angels and demons.. Well basically anything."

"So it's a deal?"

"If you put it that way, yes," He smirked, his eyes on the book.

I thought about it as I sat in the library, my eyes on Lucifer. He was getting a little impatient and I only smirked, as we were starting to waste his time.

"Are you giving me an answer or not?" Lucifer asked, irritatedly.

"Depends," I chuckled now teasing him a little.

He rolled his eyes then went closer showing off his red eyes now, making me drop me book and gasped as he was dangerously close. Without exchanging words, he placed his lips on mine, shocking me temporarily as I closed my eyes.

What was I thinking anyway?

Right, demons.