Chapter 32: An Old Friend

Heaven

Time didn't exist in heaven, that was definitely true. I felt like nothing has passed as it felt like eternity as I stayed in this angel city due to the law. As much as I hated living in this, eventually I couldn't come home. To Lucifer. I walked around the hallways, the ceiling high enough to fly and float and explored the rest of the place. Looks to me, it was some kind of palace?

I got lost the entire time wandering the hallways and stairs, but also getting to know everything and its history.

Silent footsteps approached me, causing my skin to crawl with anticipation when I turned around faster than a bee. Michael stood there, a not so genuine smile on his face, "How do you like your new home, Maeve?"

"It's beautiful, honestly.. It just needs colours.." I admitted, my eyes wandering everywhere but him.

"You'll learn to like it in time. After all, this is your home now, not the dirty place they call earth."

"Excuse me? I grew up there so you don't even know how it feels like to be raised on earth which I call home," I remarked, being bitter about it.

The warrior angel huffed, intending to ignore my remark when he snarkily, "And I've been here for a millennia."

I sighed, knowing he had already win this conversation. I made my way around this grand place, Michael silently following behind me as if he was interested in the half-angel before him.

"You're a Nephilim, you know that? It's a term for a half-angel, half-human hybrid," He continued following around, trailing behind me.

I stopped at some window and turned to look at the male angel, confused, "Nephilim? That's what they called it now?"

"It's been there for a millennia, Maeve. It's just a rare case for an angel to reproduce with a human."

"So you're saying this Nephilim existed before but it's rare.. And there's not much of my.. species?"

He only nodded and leaned sideways against the white marble wall, his eyes trained on me, "But the most rarest case is angel producing an offspring with another angel."

"But how exactly are angels made?"

"We're made from light.. our soul is light until we were put into some body and here we are."

"Tell me more of.. him," I stated, looking to him in question.

"I thought he told you everything," He looked at me now, a little odd.

"Well 90% of the story I guess," I smiled a little, thinking of him already.

Earth

Lucifer had visited his old friend, a witch. Not of Amare's kind, but rather a dark witch in hiding. Her name was Dahlia, quite a soft name for a dark witch indeed.

So here was the story of Dahlia, she was not born a dark witch, in fact. She was a good witch turned bad, and the cause of her leading down the dark path was because Lucifer had known her future was nothing but darkness. So Lucifer insisted she goes that path instead of lying to herself being the good witch.

Dahlia was gorgeous. She had pitch black wavy strands waving down her back reaching mid-thighs. Her eyes were such a hypnotising violet that would seduce men to their deaths. She had pale complexion, contrast with her dark hair.

Lucifer glanced at her dark beauty as she sat across from him in her little office at her home far away from the city. The witch did not returned his glance rather distracted by the book she was reading.

"Dahlia," He spoked softly, still having his eyes on her.

"Yes, Lucifer? What do you need or are you going to sit there watching me like a hawk?"

Lucifer sighed, "I need a favour."

"What favour this time, Morningstar? But as usual, I need a favour from you in return."

"Turn me into an angel, please.. I want to bring Maeve back," Lucifer pleaded, as he never liked pleading anyone.

"You know I can't do that.. And you're not allowed in heaven anymore," She retorted, looking up from the book now.

"Unless you can disguise me as an angel. No one would notice."

Dahlia sighed, closing her book almost harshly and placed it on the table aside, "Get up, I'm gonna have to change your appearance."