Chapter 7

Teacher
Chapter Seven

Gohan laid on his back, shaded by the movie theater sign. Idly he moved his legs as he rested his hands under his head. More than once he had almost fallen asleep on the roof with the sounds of birds filling his ears, but he snapped himself out of it every time. If he fell asleep then he wouldn't be able to hear you when you came out of the movies. And considering that your energy level was the same as everyone else around you, he wasn't confident that he could sense you at a distance. He could barely sense you while you were in the cinema. Which was why he needed to be able to see and hear you when you came out. It was why he searched every swath of people that moved out of the building to look for you. Not that anyone knew he was there of course. He was rather well hidden by the old fashioned movie sign.

Which he was thankful for when he finally found you. You had told him just a day prior that you hadn't wanted him to follow you around on your day off. The thought of you being by yourself ang getting hurt had moved him to break your expectations. He had never needed to consider how fragile you were before but after hearing that you'd been worried about walking home in the dark, that was practically all he could think about. There was no way he would lose you to something he could help prevent.

Gohan hummed to himself as he watched you adjust your eyes to the light of day. The way you wrinkled up your nose at the brightness of the day was cute. Of course he was too far away to see that and you were facing away from him but he could imagine it. What he didn't find cute at all was that when you turned back around, you smiled and waved at someone. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but the person you'd flagged down had been John. The same John who had apparently propositioned you for something; which you had turned down. He was supposed to have been a student of yours but Gohan got a bad feeling when he saw John her closer to you. You'd watched a movie with him, your student. You'd never invited him (Gohan) to see a movie.

The concrete crumbled under his grip.

Gohan brushed his hands off on his trousers when he moved to sit up. With his legs crossed he glared down at John's figure. He shouldn't have been there. You were spending time with him instead of teaching Gohan something he already knew but pretended he didn't so he could spend time with you. It didn't seem fair. Especially with the countdown you'd put on how long he had to show his mom he was improving academically. How was he supposed to do that in a week if you spent your extra time with other students instead of giving him tests?

Gohan stood up when you and John started walking to another building. He peaked around the movie sign as he watched you walk. If it wasn't for the fact that John was beside you, spoiling the image, Gohan would have enjoyed the sight. It wasn't everyday that he got to see you in well fitted jeans; they suited you. Unfortunately Gohan had a feeling that John thought so too and that was infuriating.

______________________________

"Done," Gohan said casually as he sat his pencil down. "What's next?"

"Woah there, slow down," you said as you looked up from your spot on the floor where you were grading the other tests he'd done. You were so glad that none of them had been essay tests. "I haven't finished grading your last one."

"But I need the next subject," Gohan said a little anxiously.

"Gohan you're going through these tests so quickly...are you sure you double checked your answers?"

So far he'd been right on every question. It was just that he was doing them so quickly that you couldn't keep up with him, let alone get to the lessons that you prepared for Goten. Gohan was keeping you in your place by finishing page after page in rapid succession.