A weird surprise from a mental owl

Author's note: I hope u are going to like this story. Also I'm sorry that it's so short, but I will post a new chapter soon! Please show me your support! (Also I will not be annoying and post a lot of author's notes).

love,
me

*************

My eyes were focused on a movement in the sky. I looked so close that I almost fell out of the window. "Hey! Watch out" I heard my father's voice behind me. I turned around a saw my mom sitting at table drinking a cup of tea. My dad was looking at me with a annoyed look. "How many times do I have to tell you that sitting at that window is dangerous!" He spat at me. I rolled my eyes and went upstairs to read my book.

As soon as I sat down in my room I heard a weird noise from downstairs. I ran to the stairs to see what was going on. My father was standing in the living room with an owl upside down in his hand. "U bloody owl!" He spat at it.

I ran downstairs and told him to let it go. My father turned around to see my shocked face. "He just flew right in my face! That bloody owl is mental!" My father yelled through the room. My mom looked at him with frustration.

"Why did he come here anyways?" I asked my father with curiosity in my eyes. My father showed me a envelope with a logo I swear I had seen before. I read where it was from. "Hogwarts school of wizardry and witchcraft" I read out loud.

My mom looked at my father and then at me. "Oh, I totally forget" my mom said. I gave her a face full of confusion. "What do you mean?". There was a short silence.

Then my dad decided to break the silence and say: "look Merlin, we really didn't know how to tell you but..." he looked at my mom for a second. Then my mom finished his sentence. "...When a witch or wizard turns twelve years old they are invited to go to Hogwarts where they learn everything about witchcraft and wizardry. We totally forget about it and didn't realize today was the day that you would receive the letter. But of course, ur twelve tomorrow ".

I stood there with my mouth open. How could they not tell me this before! I didn't know how to react and started to mumble. "I...I...uhmm...." was all that came out of my mouth. My father grabbed my hand and said "look u don't have to go if u don't want to. I would understand it". I thought for a minute and said "I really want to go, but I don't know if I will like it there". "Well there's only one way to prove it!" My father said before checking the letter again.
"It says you have to leave on July 31 at 11 am sharp." I nodded and ran upstairs to start packing my bags because I only had one day to pack.