The beginning of my first school year

I woke up in my bed for the last time until Christmas break. I heard my mom and dad talking downstairs. As quickly as I could I brushed my teeth and got dressed. "Hurry Merlin!" I heard my father yell. I grabbed my suitcases and went downstairs.

"We first have to buy some supplies like books and stuff" my mom said to me. "Where are going to get them?" I asked her. "Diagon alley of course!" She said while grabbing my luggage. We went to the fireplace and teleported with some floo powder.

When we arrived we first went to the bookstore. My eye catching a strange looking boy. He had blue eyes and brown hair. He also wore round glasses. He looked in my direction and turned around again as fast as he could. I looked at him with confusion. Then when I turned around I noticed my dad making scary faces. I walked away to get my books in frustration. Why does he always think I need some sort of protection? Ugh. When I was done I payed for the books and left to get more supplies.

I looked at the clock at Perron 9 3/4. It was almost time to leave. My mom said goodbye and kissed my forehead. My dad hugged me and said "I know you are going to do great! I already know you will be the perfect Slytherin". He smiled at me and then leaved. I waved them goodbye and looked at the clock again. Only one minute left.

When the train finally arrived I noticed the strange looking boy again. I stepped into the train looking for a place to sit. Almost all the cabinets were already full. Then I heard voices coming from behind me. I turned around and saw that boy again. "Hey, u seemed lost. Do u want to sit with us maybe?" He said without looking into my eyes. I gave him a look of confusion and accepted his offer.

When I walked into the cabinet I saw two other kids sitting down. "Hello!" said the boy with ginger hair. "My name is Don Weasley. What's yours?". I looked at him and said "uhm.. Merlin". "Last name?" a girl with brown hair asked me. "Uhm.." I mumbled. Before I could answer a woman with a trolly full of candy stopped at our cabinet door. "You kids like to have some candy?" she asked us politely. "No thank u the boy with ginger hair answered. "Well okay then" the woman said as she walked away.

"Are you all excited to go to Hogwarts?" The girl said who was obviously excited. "Well we all know u are, Hilary" the strange looking boy said. "So your name is Hilary?" I asked the girl. "Yes, Hilary Granger" she answered with proud. "And you are?" I asked the strange looking boy. "Johnny, Johnny Potter" he said so quiet that he almost whispered. That name sounded so familiar, but I didn't remember where from. "Did you guys hear about the new dorms!" Hilary said so excited that wasn't even a question. "What about it?" Don asked. Hilary frowned her eyebrows at him. "It will be mixed!". I looked at her with confusion. "What do u mean?" I asked her. "I mean that boys and girls will be in the same room". I nodded and looked outside the window at the mountains we were passing by.