【seventeen】

"ugh....my head...." jackson opened his eyes. he was lying on the hard wooden floor, sleeping bodies surrounding him.

"slept well, wang?" the blonde cranked his neck swiftly, wincing at the pain.

"good morning lucas?"

said brunette merely smiled, a genuine contagious smile.

"how are you so refreshed? i feel like literal shit" jackson laughed, rubbing his temples lightly.

"i'm used to the feeling, i guess." lucas replies, making his way towards the kitchen. the person next to jackson stirred, rubbing his eyes in exhaustion.

"why does my chest feel so heavy, i can barely breathe" came the deep, harsh rumble of jeno's morning voice.

"oh hey jen, you're up."

"where's nana?"

"who?" lucas and jackson both asked.

"na jaemin," the youngest rubbed his eyes tiredly. it was too early for this shit.

"ah, he's somewhere underneath chittagong, i think."

one by one, the bodies lying all over the hard wooden floor stirred and sniffed and woke up, just like how jeno woke up.

"morning guys," jackson greeted weakly, the headache throbbing less violent but still hurting nonetheless.

"so," jisung wriggled his eyebrows suggestively, the orange haired male winking, "how was the feeling of coke?"

"huh?" the eldest was beyond confused. all he remembered being dragged along by...hoseok.

"WHERE'S HOSEOK?"

"jesus christ wang, don't scare us like that! we have sensitive ears, pal. plus it's 8am, the others are asleep." haechan screeched, nearly tumbling off the stool he was sitting on. earning a slap from mark on the back of his head, and light scolding that he shouldn't have reacted the way he did.

when receiving no response to his question, the blonde sighed in exasperation. impatient for answers, he turned his head sharply at lucas, who was busy informing the youngest about their shenanigans after he had passed out due to exhaustion.

as he walked closer, their conversations were like the sounds of  ringing bells in his ears.

"no jisung, he declined the offer. turns out he had some morals after all."

"...played more beer pong...but mood was ruined a bit...didn't really matter....all drunk anyway" after another painful throb in his head, the blonde decided to make his way to the nearest bathroom, instead of listening to lucas and jisung's meaningless conversation of himself getting wasted.

"by the way, are you gonna go back to hong kong soon, xuxi hyung?"

jackson's ears perked up at jisung's question. trying his best to block out the unwanted noise (which surprisingly was not that difficult, since most member had wandered off back to their rooms to get ready for the day to get rid of the horrible stench of partying and alcohol.) he focused on the duo's conversation, as if he was tuning a radio. jackson couldn't help it, hong kong was his home after all. and he missed home.

"not in the near future." jackson was shocked. why couldn't he return to hong kong? for all the blonde knew, lucas, or more accurately, wong xuxi's parents were both from hong kong, unlike jackson, whose mother was from shanghai.

"i posted on my weibo that i was a 护旗手, and now they hate me. i saw the comments, saying i was a 港奸 and a 賣港賊."
jackson's face darkened.

"oh... that's a shame to hear."

to say that the blonde was concerned was an understatement. he gnawed on his bottom lip nervously. the oldest had posted the same thing on his own weibo a week prior, and he had disabled the comments so that he couldn't see what his fans, or the world thought of his opinion. apparently, they must have reacted terribly.

he coughed uncomfortably. xuxi's torso turned in his direction so sharply and swiftly jackson himself winced. that must hurt.

"how long have you been standing there?"

"i...heard your conversation."

xuxi stared at jisung.

"hey 'sung, mind if you leave us alone for a while?"

the youngest nodded, then proceeded to make a sharp left turn into the lengthy hallway.

"sit down."

the blonde complied, making himself comfortable in the pile of discarded pizza boxes.

" i should be looking for hoseok now, you know."

xuxi smiles grimmly.

"if he's with soobin and injun, he's safe. but we have matters of consequence to discuss."

after a long minute, jackson reluctantly agreed, leaning closer to the brunette.

"so, i assumes you read the news?"

[guess this won't be discontinued after all😳😳 anyways to give you some context on the chinese, and in case you didn't know what's going on (watch the news kids), i am actually from hong kong! yeah that place where it's rioting everywhere. now i really hate bringing politics into this, but i just felt the need to tell the world about what's going on in my city, the place i call home. sorry if you don't want to read about politics, you can just skip this a/n and continue on with the story.

so, during early august, jackson wang and lucas wong posted 「我是护旗手」on their social media, precisely weibo. however, there is currently a massive wave of riot going on in hong kong, which involves a lot of underlying issues that i can't really conclude via text. anyways, lucas and jackson are scorned upon, as 护旗手 loosely translated to "the protector of the national flag of china," which a great portion of hong kong youths are against. the offensive nicknames 港奸 and 賣港賊 basically mean "the betrayer of hong kong." many have unstanned them.

in conclusion, it's a very sensitive topic so i hope you can treat this with seriousness. if you wanna know more, please don't hesitate to dm me. have a nice day!!

screenshots of their weibo updates below:

LUCAS

JACKSON

JACKSON

- cloudyhoseokk]

- cloudyhoseokk]