7. Friends

Levy's P.O.V.

We're not friends, I thought to myself as I walked through the streets of town. We're not friends, we're not friends. We can't be friends.

I sighed, looking around at the faces of people passing by. So why did I agree to this again?

I looked around at my surrounds and saw a bench across from the café Lucy and I went to earlier this week.

I walked over to it and sat down, pulling out a book I had in my bag I brought. I sighed, flipping to where I last left off and began to read. I needed to get my mind off things.

"We can do whatever we want Emily! We can go off to distant lands, we can explore the world if you wanted," John said grinning, grabbing ahold of his lovers hands. "All you have to do is say something."

"I-"

"Hey Shrimp! Told you I'd find you!"

Oh my god, the timing between us is so cheesy, I thought to myself.

"Hey," I replied.

He walked over and sat down next to me on the bench, looking over at my book. "Whatcha reading there?"

I shut the book quickly, a light blush coming to my cheeks. I didn't like when someone saw I was reading these cheesy romance novels, it was embarrassing.

"Nothing, just a book," I mumbled, shoving it back into my bag.

"So," he started, feeling the awkward and obvious tension. "Where do you want to go?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I thought you would've had somewheres in mind."

He grinned sheepishly. "Not really. I thought you'd drag me off somewheres, so picking a place didn't really come to mind."

I rolled my eyes. "Nice, well I guess I'll have to now."

"So where're we going?"

--

"The park?"

I peered over at him. "Got a problem?"

He frowned. "No, it's just a weird place to want to go."

"Mhm, well I'm just going to sit here," I said, sliding down the trunk of the large tree in the middle of the park. I picked my book out of my bag once again and waved it in the air. "And read my book."

"Why?" He asked.

"What do you mean 'why'?" I replied. "I want to read."

"Well I thought we were friends now. Shouldn't we do something together?" He asked, a bit confused.

I stared at him for a minute, shocked. Friends? He actually thought we were friends? I've been so snappy to him about the past, and yet he still calls me his friend.

"Uh, sure. I guess," I mumbled, putting away my book. "So, something together? What do you want to do?"

He shrugged, walking over and sitting down next to me. "I kind of just wanted to talk."

"About what?" You asked warily.

He looked over at you, a serious expression over taking his face. "I want to know what I can do to make things up to you after what I did in Phantom Lord."

I sighed. "Anything else you wanna talk about?"

"No," he stated.

"Okay," I started. "To answer that question then, I don't know. I don't know how you can make it up to me, so you can just stop trying. I don't even know why you'd want to make it up to me."

"Me either," he admitted, bringing a surprised look to my face. "But I just have to."

I stared at him for a minute before letting out a sigh. "Look, I don't know. You don't really seem that bad, but my friends.."

"I get that," he stated, shrugged and leaning back against the tree. "I don't blame them. But I just need to make it up to you."

"What about Jet and Droy?" I asked, curious.

He paused for a moment. "Them too, I guess."

"Well I don't really know what to tell you," I started. "I don't want to forgive you that easily. You hurt my friends."

"I know," he said.

"And you destroyed my guild!" I reinstated, feeling my anger rise up little by little. "You hurt so many people when you're guild came after us, wizards and civilians!"

"I know."

"You guys didn't care then, so why do you care now?" I asked, calming down slightly.

"I don't know," he mumbled.

I sighed, standing up. "I feel I should probably go now."

He stayed silent, still leaning against the tree with his eyes closed.

"Any protests?" I asked before walking off.

He shook his head. "Take your time."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means I'm willing to wait until you want to meet up again," he said, opening one eye. "Any protests?"'

I didn't say anything for a minute before turn back around, back to him. "Fine by me. I can't say how long you'll be waiting though."

"Fine by me," he said with a small smirk.