15 |Thank u, next again?|

February 8th, 2019
Ariana's POV

"Scooter, are you sure it's a good idea to put this song on the album? I mean it's really personal to me, and I don't know if I'm ready for people to hear this side of me."

"Ariana, it'll be fine and I'm positive that this'll be a good idea."

"Scooter, I don't really think you're getting the point that she's attempting to get across to you." We both turned out attention to Y/n who hadn't spoken up until now. "That song is clearly about someone and she doesn't feel comfortable with putting it on the album because of what happened so can you just leave it alone?"

He sighs and turns back to me.

"Look, we need 12 tracks and that's the only one of the songs you dubbed personal that you were even half okay with letting me hear so just put it on the album so it can be ready for tonight."

He walked out of the room and I sat down next to Y/n.

"Thanks for trying, but I can't really go against what Scooter says." He nods.

"I get it, a contract is a contract at the end of the day. If it were up to me though, that song would've never left your hands because of how personal it is to you."

"Yeah. Maybe it's not that bad though, but I'd never perform that song on tour because I'd rather not bum my fans out at a concert that they expect to be fun."

He shrugs and goes back onto his phone.

"I think I need to go."

"What? Where are you going?" I got up and followed behind him.

"I have this thing to take care of with a new artist so I'll see you tonight before your album drops. Okay?" I was confused but I nodded anyways and he left.

—/—/—/—/—

@ArianaGrande

@ArianaGrande~ Thank u, next the album is out tonight

12pm est
9pm pst

Staring down at the post, I realized that in a matter of hours I'd be revealing so much of the pain I'd been holding hostage to all of my fans.

I didn't like the feelings I was feeling at the moment, it was unexplainable but at the same time I knew what it was.

I love Scooter, but I wish he would just listen to me when it comes to my music sometimes.

Writing the songs for this album took so much out of me and my heart, and so for him to just tell me to forget the pain and suffering I've had to endure for so long just to satisfy a contract just blows my mind.

I mean I understand that when you sign a contract in this industry, it's like you're signing your life away but I didn't realize the contracts also enable your personal issues and feelings to be exploited for greed.

Sometimes I wish I could just disappear for awhile so I can just hit that refresh button on life because I feel like the longer I keep up the facade the more apt I am to going crazy at one point or another.

I know that's not possible though, I know that as soon as this album comes out everything is going to be a million miles a minute and I'm not gonna he able to keep up.

From tours, to interviews, to award shows that I may or may not skip out on.

It all gets too much sometimes and the people on the outside looking in don't see that, and in my case my fans don't see it.

"Hey, you okay?" I was taken out of my thoughts by Victoria's concerned voice.

"I don't know Vic, sometimes I say I'm okay but then I end up crying not even five minutes later." She sits down next to me.

"This about the song Scooter basically forced you to put on the album even though you told him that you couldn't?" I nodded. "I'm sorry."

"Thanks, but how did you know?"

"Y/n told me. You know if he's telling people stuff like this I would never tell him my secrets." We both laughed at that. "No but seriously though, he seemed pretty upset about what happened when he told me."

"Well, he was with me for a great majority of the songwriting process for this album and he's seen me at my worst during the process so he understands why I wasn't too happy to put the song on the album."

"I wish there was something we could do, but you know how contracts are." I nodded. "Well, are you atleast excited about the rest of the album though? I saw the track list."

"Some of the songs, the others are so so to me and I know how crazy that sounds but like I don't know. I think I just got to a point in my life where the effort is there but my heart isn't so I don't really care for the songs as much as I should."

"Hm. I guess I understand." We didn't really say anything for moment since the tv was on. "You know what we haven't done in awhile?"

I looked up at her curiously. "What?"

"Wrote a song together." I smiled. "I think now is like the most perfect time, I can't have you sad so I'm gonna try and make smile as best as I can...so are you in or are you in?"

"I don't know Vic, Y/n is supposed to be coming to my house tonight." She shook her head.

"Don't worry about it, just tell him to meet us at the studio. I'm sure he won't mind you getting out to breathe a breath of fresh air for once, I'm honestly surprised you haven't had a Britney Spears sized meltdown by now."

"I'm as surprised as you are." I sighed and got up with her doing the same. "I guess I'm in, but you better make me laugh."

"Oh trust me girl, I will. You're not gonna be able to breath when it's all said and done."

I nodded in an okay and we both headed out.

I guess that means challenge accepted...

Wow, no excuses whatsoever.

I took hella long on this update, I'm sorry but I've been working on my new story Girls need love so check it out if you haven't already...we 11 chapters in on that😁

With that being said, I'll be back with more(hopefully sooner than this one😂) but in all seriousness though I'll see y'all later💙