Epilogue

Erik's POV

" Are you sure we have everything?" Evangeline asked as she and the other adults packed everything in the wagons and our carriage.

We had buried my mother next to what I had found to be my father's grave in the dead of night and returned to my mother's house with our new friends, intending to gather everything of value to us and to leave the rest behind. We took pieces of china, provisions of food and drink, spare clothes, jewelry, and books, and left everything that we couldn't carry or had no room for, sadly including the grand piano in the drawing room.

We left no room untouched, from the cellars, where we found enough money to split it amongst our guests equally, to the attic, which I grabbed my old toolbox filled with things from my childhood. We double checked and triple checked to make sure nothing of value or anything that belonged to my children was being left behind. As soon as everything was checked away and all of the luggage was packed, I immediately sent everyone out, taking my time to do one last tour around my childhood home as I spilled a steady stream of alcohol everywhere I went.

I went through the rooms, memorizing every detail as I gave a final check to see if everything and everyone was gone before spreading alcohol in each room and floorboard. Memories began to spring up as I continued. Painful ones that I would normally surpress, but finally making peace with my mother, I was able to let go and move on. After spending an hour going around the house, I came back out to meet my family. My lovley wife dressed in a gray dress with black ruffles and maroon ribbons, collar, and cuffs ( A/N: Dress is above) sat at the front of the carriage, her hand hovering over our unborn child while the twins slept inside the passenger seat, the same blanket covering them from the start of our trip.

"You alright, honey?" Evangeline asked, snapping me back to reality. She had climbed down from the front seat to check on me after I didn't respond for a second.

I simply nodded. "Oui, ma cheri. I'm just fine now. More than fine, actually. After this, I will finally find some closure. At least, I hope so."

Evangeline gave me a patient smile and kissed my lips before handing me the mask and a box of matches that I needed before we took off.

"Baby, be careful," she said as she sat back down at the front.

With a nod, I headed back inside, but not before taking a final headcount to make sure everyone was present accounted for. With the reassurance that everyone was safe, I carefully went back outside, emptied out the bottle of alcohol onto the doorway and the wooden staircase, and lit a match. With one final gaze at the house, I dropped the lit match on the alcohol- soaked doorway and ran back to safety as the house quickly became engulfed with flames.

Taking a quick second to watch the place of our misery disappear in smoke, I got onto the driver's side of the carriage and in one big exodus, we headed back for our home in Paris.

A/N: Hello my fellow Phantom Phans!

Well, lookie here, two chapters within 24 hours!

Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for all of your support, your patience,and your comments along our two year journey with this story, as well as my own life.

You are the best audience I ever had.💖

The song I used was "Stoick's Ship" from How To Traim Your Dragon 2. A fitting farewell song for this book, don't you think?

So it is here where our story ends. Erik finally has gained closure and have saved the lives of other people just like him.

How did you like it?

What will I write next?

Vote, Comment, and Share and I'll see you guys next time.

M'kay, bye! ✨