Episode Eight: Arrivals Distract

Kevin's POV:

"Just put those coolers over there" said Sarah. I hadn't really payed much attention to it, but Jimmy keeps glaring at Edd.

Hmm? Must be because he's jealous. You see Jimmy told me when we were younger that he had a crush on Sarah. I mean she does always protect him.

I picked up the coolers and carried them near a huge table stacked with snacks.

"Hnng..."

I turn around to see Edd grunting. He couldn't lift a soda box...

I easily picked it up hoping to impress him. Maybe I did.

"K-Kevin...I could have done that myself.." mumbled Edd who had a light red tone to his face.

"Yea Dork, then why didn't you?"

I have a cocky attitude that I wish I could just...I just want to be nice to Edd. So I smiled.

Edd's POV:

I was struggling to pick up a soda box. Gahh!! These small muscles of mine. Even though I'm on the swim team, more or less the captain...

Kevin suddenly came up and took the box from me.

Gahhh!!! Red tone, Red tone!

I looked up and saw him smiling. He actually looks... not scary.

"Double D!~ I need your help!~"

Sarah's been in my personal bubble since I got here. When I went to retrieve the box of soda, she tried to...kiss me.

I mean Sarah isn't bad-looking, it's just...I don't like her THAT way. I haven't liked someone since Nazz. I've just been confuse lately.

She can't still be harboring a crush on me, can she? Also, Jimmy's been glaring at me the whole time I've been here. Oh dear...

Sarah motioned me to her as I walked into the kitchen. We proceeded to make sandwiches with her trying to grab my hand every once in a while.

Kevin's POV:

Sarah's really testing herself.

He's going to be mine..._if I can tell him how I feel.

Jimmy and I were setting up the tables and chairs outside the house. We put balloons all over the living room. Everything was decorated.

Jimmy poked my back. "We're done here." He smiled. Although he seemed very weak, he was actually pretty muscular. Haha. Not like Edd.

The doorbell rang. First came Rolf

"Son of a shepherd has arrived"

then people I didn't know from our school,

"Hey! Hi! Sup!"

then Johnny and Plank

"Plank, you wanna raid the snacks!? Me too!!"

Everyone walked outside to the tables. Rearranging everything to a huge mess. Oh well there goes the organization. Wait wha? I'm starting to think like Double Dweeb.

"Hey! Kevin!" Nazz called as she opened the sliding glass door near me.

"Hi" I stood up and petted her. Hopefully, she's the last to come..

Ding..

And the people who came to ruin my plan. Just what I needed.

"Who wants to buy some firecrackers, 10$ each?" screamed Eddy.

Ed shuffled "Eddy, Can I buy some? But...I don't have money..."

They set their selling stand outside the house. Near the door for anyone else who would come. Gahh and they keep ringing the doorbell. Ed lives in this house too so he can do whatever he wants but...I want to beat them up...

I just need to make sure Edd and the Eds don't meet. That way they won't even know I am isolating him at a point.

Edd's POV:

I heard Eddy and Ed's voices when I was finished helping Sarah. I was walking out from the kitchen, hearing music being turned on outside.

'Too loud..' I thought. It rattled my eardrums even when I was walking in the direction where the stereo wasn't facing.

I was walking towards the door to greet my friends when a strong hand grabbed mine.

"K-Kevin!?"

"Dork, everyone's outside."

"B-but.."

"YOU were invited, not them."

I struggled to finally release myself from his grab.

"Since when do I have to follow you! Just because you have something to tell me, doesn't mean I have wait till you can! Nor do I have to limit my actions..."

Kevin's POV:

I turned red. Edd was so cute when he was mad. He stomped away and I was left there speechless. Such an idiot..I facepalmed.