Chapter 6 - Unknown

All of the girls met me later that night. They all make themselves at home in my room. Justice finds her way to my hanging wicker chair, Brooklyn and Breanna sit on my old loveseat, and the rest of the girls are sprawled out in my queen-sized bed with me. We planned to have a girl's night in eating candy and watching movies however Justice had a different idea. 

"Okay, so Dash told me that he's throwing a party tonight." She smirks and then continues. 

"So who wants to go?!?" Justice asks excitedly. 

"Oh yes please!" Mary sits up and looks at Justice, they both smile.

"Oh, we have to go," Meghan adds while standing up, clearly wanting to go.

"I don't know guys," I say wearily, leaning forward to the edge of the bed. 

"I thought we were gonna have a chill night in. Try to stay away from all the craziness?" I drag on. 

"I think I would rather stay in." I anxiously look around the room, hoping someone will agree with me. I don't.

"Cammie! No." Brooklyn whines, crossing her arms and pouting.

"Yeah Cammie, you're basically the most popular girl on campus after the auction," Breanna adds, trying to make me feel better. 

"Which means you have to show your face at this party!" Justice squeals. 

"Besides, I'm sure your new boy toy will be there." She says jokingly with a smirk, raising her eyebrow. 

"I don't know -" I try to say more but get cut off before I can tell them how I feel. I would rather just stay in and relax. I've had a long, complicated day.

"Honestly, it's settled," Meghan says firmly. 

"We have to go. Let's pick out some outfits!" Meghan jumps up from the bed and begins to look through my closet.

I stay sitting in my bed, my head in the palm of my hand. I watch as Brooklyn and Justice join Meghan in the search through my clothes.

"Cammie," Mary grabs my shoulder and whispers to me. 

"It's gonna be fun and we can leave if you want. Let's just see how it goes, right?" She's so reassuring and makes me feel at ease. 

I let out a sigh and slowly start to smile. 

"What have I got to lose?" I state sarcastically. The rest of the girls cheer me on, excited that I've finally agreed to go.

Brooklyn grabs one of my white crop tops to pair with the black jeans she already has on. Meghan grabs a spaghetti strap, little red polka dotted dress, one of my personal favorites. Mary already has on a cute skirt and crop top, so we advise her not to change. Breanna waits it out for the girls to rummage through my closet. Justice searches through my dresses and finds a dress that is too small for me, but the perfect size for her. 

I walk over to my closet to see one of my favorite skirts, it's a light green floral print with ruffles and a drawstring waist. I grab the skirt and begin to look through the clothes for a matching top. I find a basic white tee that has some ruffling on the sleeves, it's comfy so I take it. I put my outfit on quickly. I add some layered gold necklaces and grab a light cream purse to pair with it. I slip on some tan strappy platform sandals. I pull my hair back out of my face with a few bobby pins, as usual. I touch up my makeup while the girls all do the same.

We all stand up and show each other our looks. Breanna switches out her shoes, Brooklyn adds a necklace and Justice grabs a sweater. And it only took about thirty minutes for us to all get ready to go.