Chapter 17 - I'm Here.

We pull up to a beautiful, giant, modern house. Maddox pulls the car around the circular driveway, parking next to a white Range Rover. There are quite a few cars parked in front of the house and they are all nice, expensive cars.

I open the car door and step out, taking in the sheer size of the mansion. It's a slate grey color with black accents and huge windows. Very modern. 

Maddox closes my car door behind me. He moves to stand in front of me, his face inches from mine. He puts his hands in his pockets and stands proudly, smiling down at me. 

"So this is my house." He grins, motioning to the mansion behind him. My mouth drops open a bit, I am shocked.

"It's stunning," I say, unable to form any other words. He grins, his dimples on full show.

"Now don't freak out." He says, holding his hands out in front of him. My eyes widen. 

"But we are here for my sister's birthday party." Maddox stares deeply into my eyes, his eyes soften in hopes that I will forgive him for taking me here. His smile has faded and a look of concern rushes over his face.

"Oh." I squeak out, unable to think of what else to reply. He places his hand on the small of my back, reassuring me to relax.

I sigh. 

"Well, I guess that means I'm meeting your family," I say, shrugging happily. I smile, gazing into his green eyes. He returns the smile and grabs my hand. 

"Come on, let's go in." He says, motioning his head towards the door. We walk hand-in-hand up to the gigantic front door and he opens it without knocking, as it is his house. 

The door swings open to a gorgeous open floor plan. The house is perfectly decorated. I can see straight out to the ocean through the giant windows on the back wall of the house. There is music playing quietly through the speakers and I can hear the sound of people talking. The house is covered in beautiful flowers as party decor. 

We take a few steps forward, now I can see just how many people are here. There are at least 15 people in the house and probably 30-40 people in the backyard. The guests are spread all throughout the house. They are dressed nicely, talking amongst themselves on couches, at tables or on the beach. 

Someone spots Maddox and instantly jumps up from the couch in the living room, running to give him a hug.

She has long curly brown hair, just above her waist. She too has beautiful green eyes just like Maddox. She has the perfect, supermodel figure and is wearing a full length, light blue dress. She looks very beachy with her curly hair and long dress. Maddox smiles, lets go of my hand and holds his arms out for a hug. She jumps into his arms, squeezing him tightly.

"Thanks for coming little bro!" She says as he puts her down.

"I wouldn't miss my sister's birthday!" He jokes, messing with her hair. She tries to fix her hair when her eyes fall on me.

Maddox smiles and looks at me. 

"Josie!" He says, looking at her. 

"This is Cammie." A smile fills Josie's face as she reaches out to hug me too. I mutter happy birthday and she laughs. 

We pull apart and she looks at me, tilting her head slightly. 

"It's so amazing to meet you." She lets out a small giggle. 

"I've heard quite a bit about you." She looks over at Maddox, referring to him. Her smile is beautiful, her teeth perfect and white.

I raise my eyebrow jokingly and look at Maddox.