XI

Wednesday, 21th of August

Kaminari's POV

It has been over a week since I found Hitoshi's diary. I haven't been able to think about anything else, concentrate on anything else, or even sleep at night. All I can think about is how fucked up my situation is.

I can't ask him about the diary, I can't tell him that I read it, I can't do anything. I'm fucked. My two stupid brain cells were not prepared for this.

"Earth to Kaminari," Hitoshi says, waving his hand in front of my face. I blink, the reality hitting me. I was totally daydreaming, and we were hiking in a forest right now, god I need to stop doing that.

"Are you.. okay?" he looks at me with a puzzled look, a smile tugging at his lips.

"Y-yeah, yeah! I'm all good, actually, I'm great. Why do you ask?" I say, trying to get myself back together and give him a reassuring smile.

"You just have been kind of- odd, lately. Is there anything you'd like to discuss?" he asks in a soft voice, taking a drink from the water bottle in his hand.

"No. I'm fine," I say, shaking my head. I get up from the rock I was sitting on, as my butt was starting to get numb. He hums in response, getting up as well.

"The cabin isn't far away from here. Let's just hope we get there before it starts raining," Hitoshi says, looking up at the sky that was hanging heavily above us, threatening rain. I nod, and we continue walking the narrow path that goes through the thick forest. I follow Hitoshi, as his relative owns the cabin and only he knows its location, and also because I'm slower than him. The training that Mr. Aizawa has made Hitoshi do has really paid off. Hitoshi is much faster and stronger nowadays, compared to what he was at the sports festival. Back then he was just tall and lanky. Now he actually has some muscles, that flex beautifully whenever he moves. I feel my face warming as I appreciated the body of the man walking in front of me.

"I think that's it," Hitoshi says after about 15 minutes of walking. We see a small cabin with a beautiful front yard in front of us. The cabin is made of dark wood, and it has a terrace wrapping around it. We walk on the pathway that goes through a small unkept garden. I notice a pond filled with dark green water through the bushes, that has some big rocks surrounding it. Behind the pond is another building, and next to it is an outhouse. I can see that someone hasn't been in here for a while as the grass is very long and there are lots of weeds growing in the flower plantings.

"So that other building is where we keep the wood for the fireplace, and well, as you can see there is an outhouse. Of course, we have a normal bathroom inside the cabin, but there is also that, in case the water stops working," Hitoshi explains, and leads me to the cabin. He unlocks the door, and we step inside the dark hallway. I'm greeted with a very lovely and cozy living room. It smells a bit stuffy in here, but it's understandable as no one lives here and the windows haven't been opened for a while.

"Let's just leave the door open for a moment, let the fresh air come in," Hitoshi says, kicking off his shoes and I do the same. I walk in further, eyeing the traditional Japanese style decor he had going on in here. The cabin had dark brown, almost black wooden floors and the walls were almost the same color, just a tad bit lighter. The couches were dark blue surrounding an ash gray fireplace that was against the back wall, a small coffee table made of glass at the center. The kitchen was connected to the living room, and it was designed with the same color pallet, except that the kitchen had some white and light grey details. Despite the dark decor which swallowed the light, the cabin was well lit, as it had two big windows in the living room, and one in the kitchen. It made me feel like I was actually still in the woods, even though I was inside the cabin. The windows made you feel a lot more close to nature, and I liked it.