perfect

The next few weeks consisted of the same thing. Scarlett went to school, had lunch with Rue and Jules then she skipped the rest of her classes and walked to the convenient store to hang out with Fez and sometimes Ashtray when he wasn't busy. She would stay at their place after they worked till about 7 then Fez would drop her off at home so she could make Sammy dinner and put him to bed. Her mother must have noticed this routine because when she would come home from job searching she would plop Sammy in front of the TV and stay in her room for the rest of the night assuming Scarlett would take care of Sammy's dinner and sleep schedule. During the weekends she spent most of her time at Rue or Jules's house and Wednesday she had a sleepover with maddy and Cassie and even officially met Kat, who she loved. This morning Fez had picked her up from Maddy's and given her a ride to school. Things with her and Fez were always just friendly. They still hadn't kissed even though Scarlett had to make a mental reminder not to stare at his lips when they were hanging out. She was starting to think Fez wasn't interested and although that was crushing, Scarlett was just happy that they were friends and he still wanted to hang out with her just as much. Tonight she had let Sammy take her bed and she was sleeping on the couch. Around 10:30 she received a text in her group chat with Jules and Rue that there was a party tomorrow at Cassie's house and her sister had invited Rue. Scarlett and Jules both agreed to going and Scarlett sent a text to Cassie and maddy letting them know she would be there, they were both happy she could come. They texted her back with "biiiitch Im so excited" and "wear something hot it's gonna be a ragger" which made Scarlett laugh. It was finally feeling like she had friends in this town. Maybe It wasn't so bad after all. She decided to go to bed and she fell asleep to the thought that maybe what happened that night back home was for the best.
As first and second period flew by Scarlett was thinking about how maybe she could convince Fez to come to the party. He had told her multiple times over the almost month that she had been in this town that party's "weren't his scene" and he went for "strictly business purposes" but she was hoping she could convince him. During third period she sat next to Cassie and Maddy who started telling her all about how amazing her party would be. Cassie's mom would be spending the night out of town and they had the whole house to themselves. Cassie's boyfriend McKay was coming and would be the hookup for all the parties alcohol needs along with Nate who was bringing three kegs. The mention of Nate made Scarlett roll her eyes, Maddy had told her some things about their relationship and Scarlett decided she didn't approve of him anymore. "So are you bringing the dealer ?" Maddy asked making Cassie raise her eyebrows toward Scarlett. That was what Maddy called Fez and although Scarlett knew that he was so much more than that she had stopped correcting Maddy's nickname for him. After all Fez and Ash were her hookup and when she said it Maddy wasn't coming from a bad place. "I don't know I was gonna ask him if that's okay w Cass but I know he doesn't really like party's." She responded. "Oh my god bring him!"Cassie exclaimed,"I want you guys to get together already!" After that, the girls began to talk about which outfits they would wear to the party but Scarlett already had one in mind. At lunch Rue and Jules talked to Scarlett about plans before the party and they decided they would pregame at Rue's place because she lived close to Cassie. When Scarlett left after lunch she began her walk home and Fez drove up next to her. "Get in Scar, I got off early today"he told her. She smiled at him and got in the car. "So," she started "I have a proposition for you. There's this party tonight and-"
"Scar you know it ain't my scene" he said "party's are strictly for business purposes" they said at the same time. Scarlett rolled her eyes and turned up the music in his car louder, looking out the window. For the rest of the day Scarlett pouted as they hung out, they laid in his bed watching a movie. Scarlett woke up to the sound her phone going off, she hadn't realized she had fallen asleep during the movie and her head was resting on Fez's chest with a little bit of drool falling onto his sweater. Well that's embarrassing. She thought to herself. She also, in her sleep, had cuddled up so close to him that her leg was hung over his and her skirt had ridden up. She quickly sat up wiping her drool from the corner of her mouth and fixed her skirt. "Shit sorry I didn't realize how tired I was." She told him. He laughed in response. "Don't be. The snoring was cute." Scarlett's mouth dropped open and she grabbed the pillow behind her and whacked him with It. "I do not snore" She insisted. "Whatever you say, Scar." He laughed.
Fez drove her home so she could get ready for the party and Scarlett tried to convince him one last time with no success. When she walked into her house Sammy was sitting in front of the TV where she always found him after school. She made him some spaghetti and then put him to bed around 8 and started getting ready. Scarlett decided she would wear her hair straight tonight so she began gliding her straightener along her wavy hair. She put a pretty heavy layer of foundation on and followed through her bronzy makeup routine. She decided to leave her winged eyeliner and add glitter to her eyelids. Lastly she but on a thick coat of lipgloss and made her way to her closet. She already knew the dress she was going to pick It was a green silk mini dress that she had worn the summer before to frat party which had earned her a very fun night with a college boy fling. She decided to wear the dress with a tiny lacy bra under It and slipped on her white air force ones. As she looked in the mirror she smiled, she knew she looked good and she had decided that she had been majorly friend zoned by Fez and although she had developed real feelings for him she needed to bounce back. Jules texted her that she was outside so Scarlett left a note for her mom telling her not to wait up, even though she knew her mother wouldn't, and went outside to hop onto the back of Jules bike. When they got to Rues they quickly began taking shots of the tequila Rue had found in her moms alcohol cabinet. About 4 shots in the girls decided to walk to the party and man was Scarlett feeling It. They all were. They were giggling and stumbling down the street till they reached Cassie's house. Now Scarlett had expected a lot of people but the way the house looked was ridiculously full. In the back of her mind Scarlett knew she would have to find a guy, she needed to bounce back and quick because thinking about Fez only made her notice she was catching feelings.  One thing Scarlett did not do well was deal with feelings, she tried to avoid the serious ones at all costs. So this meant she was on a mission and that mission needed the preparation of one more shot so she was properly drunk. After finding Maddy, Kat and Cassie in the kitchen the girls poured some Smirnoff into a solo cup and downed It together. For a second Scarlett thought she might throw up but quickly recovered when Cassie handed her a cup of sprite. They made their way to the living room and spotted Jules and Rue dancing. They helped Scarlett onto the table and for the next hour It was a blur of dancing with different guys and repeatedly almost falling off the table. One guys in particular was cute but when they grinded up against each other she didn't like it, it made her feel wrong, it wasn't who she wanted to dance with. When Scarlett had enough she went to the couch to sit down. Her drunk was starting to wear off and she only felt a little tipsy. When she looked towards the door she saw someone opening It. It was Fez. Scarlett jumped up from her seat and ran and kind of stumbled towards him. She wrapped him in a big hug smiling ear to ear. "You came" she smiled looking at his face. "I wanted to see you" he smiled back. The two sat down, Scarlett on the arm of the couch and Fez sitting next to her on the seat. They began talking and laughing then suddenly someone bumped into her as they walked towards the dance floor causing her to fall down into Fez's lap. The two locked eyes, their faces so close their noses were almost touching. Fez looked from Scarlett's eyes to her lips then back again visibly breathing heavily. Scarlett's eyes went wide and her heart seemed to stop as Fez began to lean in. When their lips met It was exactly what she had imagined. The kiss was slow and soft and Fez grabbed the small of her back to pull her in closer. They pulled away for a second looking and each other and smiling before leaning back in. Scarlett felt fireworks when they kissed and slowly the kiss began to get more heated and developed into something more. She felt  one of his hands rise to her face and his tongue slip into her mouth. Scarlett had to admit to herself It was by far the best kiss she had ever had. This went on for a couple minutes before the two pulled away from one another. Still on his lap Scarlett looked at him and Fez gave her a smile. Scarlett rested her head on his shoulder as she replayed what had just happened in her head, It was perfect ... he was perfect.