03

Percy has only ever been to the island of Dragonstone once, when he was just a child of three and could barely remember the brief visit.

        He doesn't remember the sandy beaches and grassy hills. He doesn't remember the arched hill that lies under the beautiful and dark castle of Dragonstone. He does however, remember the way the castle took his tiny breath away when he first laid eyes on it, just as it still does now.

        The wooden ship moves roughly with the waves below his feet as he grips the side of the vessel. His eyes wander over every inch of the island that they can see, analyzing it as well as enjoying the beauty that distracts him from his simmering nervousness.

        Looking at the large castle before him, he's reminded that Daenerys Targaryen sits inside, most likely on the throne that his uncle Stannis once sat. The same throne that her Targaryen ancestors once sat on many years ago, before she was even a baby.

        The ship halts movement only a few hundred feet from the shore, anchoring itself down as the Stark men prepare the row boat.

        Percy watches them, slightly impatient, nervous and eager to meet the dragon queen. From what Tyrion has told him in his letters, she's a naturally good person, both in mind and ruling.

        The thought did little to comfort him, given the things he's seen people do in their quest for power. He would like to believe that Daenerys Targaryen is different, but the only thing that has been clearly embedded in his mind is her insistence in the ruling of Westeros.

        Admittedly, Percy wants her to rule. Despite only ever seeing her briefly through the eyes of a nearby bird and never actually meeting her face to face, his desperation to find a good and noble ruler to lead Westeros to peace has overcome his judgment much of the time.

        And as much as he wants to believe that she is better than Cersei, the Targaryen history does well to remind him what happens when a child of incestuous decent comes into power. Another reason he hadn't taken the throne.

        He can only hope Daenerys Targaryen can break the chain that her family has created.

        "Are you nervous?" The question is more of a tease as the King of the North moves to his side, smiling slightly at the attempt of humor.

        Percy cracks a small smile, thankful for the distraction from his pondering thoughts. "I've met many men and women who have wanted the same thing that she does. Power, wealth, respect, the only difference is that none of them had three dragons. In other words: I'm shitting myself. You?"

        Jon grins at him, both of them climbing aboard the small boat. "Yes and no. I'm more nervous at the thought of her not believing in the army of the dead. Fire kills wights, and dragons breathe fire. We need her, more than she needs us."

        They say nothing more as the boat slowly makes its way to the shore of Dragonstone. From the short distance, Percy can see a small group of people waiting for them, and an even smaller man at the front.

        He smiles in a childlike excitement as his uncle and him lock eyes. Efection shines in the dwarfs eyes as his nephew steps off the boat, ignoring the pressure behind his eyes at seeing one of the last good members of his family.

        Percy nearly breaks away from the group to embrace his uncle, but both men know it would be inappropriate. Instead, he and Jon walk side by side as Ser Davos and their guards follow.

        Tyrion is the first to speak when they come to a stop, looking directly at his nephew. He's dressed in an elegant black suit, the same as the dark skinned woman behind him. "Hello Percy. The years have done you well nephew."

        "As have they done you." Percy responds, smiling widely at the man.

        Tyrion returns it, sending him a cheeky wink before it turns slightly sad. "I'm sorry it's had to come to this, Percy. Tommen didn't deserve what was thrown at him at such a young age, and he certainly didn't deserve to go the way he did. Cersei will pay for all that she's caused."

        They regard his words with a firm nod, a promise of justice for his brother and consequence for his mother. Tyrion then turns to Jon, his gaze turning serious and smile dimming to a more pleasant one. "The bastard of Winterfell."

        "The dwarf of Castly Rock." Jon retorts, both men looking amused as they regard eachother. Simultaneously, they move forward, shaking hands pleasantly. "The last time we saw eachother, you were pissing off the wall."

        They both smile at the memory. Jon motions to the large scar across his face, where Percy remembers his uncle being injured at the Battle of the Blackwater. "Picked up a few scars along the road, I see."

        "It's been a long road. But we're both still here." Tyrion's gaze travels behind the two men, latching onto Ser Davos as he holds out his hand. "I'm Tyrion Lannister."

        The men shake hands respectfully as Davos introduces himself. "Davos Seaworth."

        "Ah," Tyrion says suddenly, "the onion night. We fought on opposite sides at the battle of Blackwater Bay-"

        "Unluckily for me." Davos cuts him off, not wanting to reminisce his time serving Stannis Baratheon.

        Tyrion nods in understanding, and Percy watches as he turns his gaze to the woman behind him. "This is Missandei, the queen's most trusted advisor."

        Missandei smiles and nods pleasantly at them, and Percy notes the way that the unsullied solider stays close to her back, as if waiting for someone to make a move.

        "Welcome to Dragonstone. Our queen knows this is a long journey, and she appreciates the effort you have made on her behalf. If you wouldn't mind handing over your weapons."

        Jon pauses for a brief few seconds, the Stark guards placing their hands on the hilt of their swords. Percy pays them no mind however as he unlatches his belt, handing his sword and daggers over to Tyrion, trusting his uncle completly to keep his word.

        Though he keeps the thin and hidden blade in his left shoulder plate. It's not noticeable as it rests smoothly up the engraved lions side. The dwarf nods in confirmation, watching as the rest of them follow suit on Jon's command.

        The Dothraki soldiers proceed to pat them down, making sure there are no hidden weapons. Percy smirks to himself when the man doesn't find anything. Tyrion sends him a warning glance, and he winks cheekily just as his uncle did earlier on.

        "Please, this way." Missandei motions for them to follow. They do as asked, following her through the gates of the wall and proceeding towards the large, stone staircase that takes them to the castle. Davos strikes up a conversation with the woman, attempting to flirt with her.

        Percy rolls his eyes at the man, instead focusing on the view before him.

¤¤¤

This was short as hell but since I'm just jumping right into the season I need more fillers. There won't be a bunch, just a few to add more chapters!

Also, thank you all SO MUCH for getting this to over 200 reads in just a week! That's insane!!! A huge thanks to those who have voted and commented ♡ Ily all.

If you enjoyed, please hit that star and comment your thoughts, as well as inform me of any mistakes!!

xxxx