Chapter 3

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."

~~

Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood

Posting this today because I'm going out tonight and I don't know if I will be alive tomorrow xD

My mouth is dry and my eyelids heavy, I regain consciousness. When I open my eyes, I am blinded by the brightness of the room.

Am I dead?

Is my first thought. Then an electronic noise makes my head turn. I understand that I'm in a hospital room. I look the other way, thinking I would see Tom on my side, asleep. But the chair is empty. I then decide to press the button to call a nurse.

After that, all goes pretty fast. They ask me if I want to call someone and if I want something. I think about Tom and then I change my mind, I refuse their offer and ask for water.

A few days go by, Tom still hasn't come to see me. I call my parents who are back in France. They ask me to come home for a few days or weeks. I'm in the cab right now, on my way to the airport. I still haven't informed Tom of my health, during this week, alone in the hospital, I thought he was going to appear in the door frame, but he didn't. I can't remember his voice and his smell is gradually fading from my memories.

**

Sitting in front of my parents I intend to explain to them everything that happened.

-Please don't cut me, let me finish and understand that I love Tom.

My mother looks at me worried.

-Come on, sweetheart.

And here we go....

-I went to a job interview for Mr. Holland's secretary job.

I can already see my mother's eyes widened when she finds out that he is my boss.

-Meanwhile Candice went to join Shawn in Canada, so I was alone and decided to go to a night club, I had never been in this one. Then I saw Tom, and discovered that he was the owner of the club. He also asked me to go on a date with him, which I did. That night we ate in a beautiful restaurant and danced.

I smile thinking of this memory.

-And he danced like a pro. While we were dancing, that same line you used to say to me all the time came back to me.

My mother smiles at me.

-And I have to tell you, you're right about that.

Her smile fades away and is replaced by a look telling me to keep going.

-A man came to our table, it was late and we were the only ones in the restaurant. He then threatened me with a gun stuck to my thigh. Tom defended me directly.... by putting a bullet in his head.

My father then puts his elbows on the table and my mother hides her mouth with one of her hands.

-He took me home to keep me safe. Then it all went fast and it's confusing in my head. Shawn was one of his staff before, but he betrayed him. We even went to Toronto to see Tom's company and so I could see Candice and Shawn. Candice was involved and Shawn's men and himself tried to kill us. They only managed to kidnap me for a few days, but Tom found me.It' s true that we almost died a few times. But in all this, we love each other more than anything. Everything changed when he tried to introduce me to his associates. One of Shawn's allies kidnapped me, this time, it only lasted a few minutes before a friend of Tom's came to my help. Then Shawn won again and took me to a house far from everything.

Tears form in the corners of my eyes.

-I stayed there for a long time before I found the proper time to... to kill him.

I look down to my hand, feeling shame.

-Then I took his car and drove to Tom. We went home and that's when he suggested that we go on holiday, I chose Fiji and a few hours later we were there and then that very evening he knelt down. I'm sorry I didn't tell you all this.

A tear then escapes.

-You have to understand that I really love him and that he will do everything to protect me but right now I just need to be away from London.

They then got up to take me in their arms.

Okay, let's be honest
This is bad, I hate myself