Chapter 37: Margin of Difference

The Syndicate pushed the rebels against the walls then they stopped.

"Huh? What happened?" Delvin asked as he made his way forward. "Why did you guys stop?"

"Um... Commander. Can you come to the front lines...?" One of the soldiers asked.

"Sure...Sure...," Delvin replied and made his way to the front lines. "What's the situation?"

"Uh... They surrendered...," The soldier said.

"Yes! Yes! We have! Take us in don't kill us, Please!" One of the rebels pleaded.

"Well... then... tie 'em up, guys," Delvin ordered.

The Syndicate took them into custody.

"Well, I didn't except the battle to end this way...," Delvin said. "We have a lot of prisoners. But I feel bad for them, I think they will be executed for treason..."

*****

At the city air space. Alister was devastated. "WHAT? NO! No, surrendering! You guys either live long enough to see victory or die fighting for it! That's the rule, you no good whims!"

"Come on, Alister. That's harsh. No matter what they do they have death looming over them... That's not how you treat your soldiers...," Azrael remarked.

"Shut up, Azrael. I don't take advise from enemies!" Alister retorted.

"I don't understand how you rebels have survived until now with such disorganization... Gah! It doesn't matter. Every fight in the city has wrapped up. You and I are the only ones fighting. It's time we finish this." Azrael said. (Yeah I know I have been dragging that line for too long....)

"Yeah, sure... I was eager to do this." Alister smiled. "Well, you are not gonna use magic it seems... So I am done playing nice with you. It's time I kill you."

Alister started to glow and Azrael clenched his fist.

WHOOOP! Both broke the sound barrier as they charged towards each other at supersonic speeds.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!..............

They clashed at speeds equal to Mach 2 and produced more sonic booms than punches. Their clashes caused the earth to shake and buildings started to crumble. Their process of fighting was destroying the capital.

*****

A while back on the other side of the city, Kiara and the rest were trying to find Nav. They then found her with Achilles who was warming her up with his fire magic. When they saw Nav brutally beaten up and frost caked they rushed over.

"What happened?" Kiara asked. "Faith try to help her!"

"Yes!" Faith responded and kneeled down beside Nav.

Achilles backed off and stood.

"Who are you?" Amelia asked.

"Oh? I'm Achilles, Nav's brother, and partner in adventure." Achilles bowed.

"Wait so you helped Nav defeat Callum?" Kiara asked.

"Don't give me credit, all I did was chip off a bit of health but Achilles destroyed him with a single punch!" Nav coughed.

"Nav! Stay still!" Faith chided.

"So you are the one who caused that over the top explosion?" Amelia asked.

"Well, yes," Achilles replied.

"Wow, that's soo cool," Kiara said.

"Well, you are impressed aren't you?" Evangeline asked Kiara.