1 - deserve

"junmyeon hyung!"

you silently stood behind junmyeon as he got greeted by a massive hug by the guy working on the front desk. you watched as a lady with a cheetah hybrid exits a door, wide and loving smiles on their faces. your attention was soon back on junmyeon and his friend when he called your name.

"y/n, come here." you shyly walked up to junmyeon and he showed you to his friend. "yixing, this is y/n. and y/n, this is my good friend yixing."

you shyly looked at the said guy as he waved at you with the same friendly gaze and smile. "hi y/n!"

you glanced at junmyeon, not knowing what to say. he looked like he understood, before looking back at yixing. "i don't think they taught her how to talk. you know how those pigs are with hybrids."

"yeah, i know." you saw yixing frown a little bit, before shaking his head. "anyways, let me page minseok hyung so he can help y/n get cleaned up."

uncertainty was visible on your face and junmyeon saw that. as yixing was paging minseok, junmyeon took you to the waiting chairs and the two of you sat down there.

"don't worry, y/n. they're good people. real good people." he reassured you. "they'll help you clean up, get you some new comfy clothes and a room with a proper bed and lots of pillows and blankets. you'll make some friends there, there's a lot of nice hybrids inside."

friends.

you haven't had friends before. just acquaintances, but nobody you could call and treat as a friend. that seemed nice, having a friend or friends. junmyeon's words along with the softest and sincerity in his voice makes you believe him, somehow trusting him a little.

a door opened and came out was a guy dressed in the same uniform as yixing, although he was a bit shorter than him. he had cute eyes, no double eyelids but it suits him. he had a smile on his face as his eyes landed on junmyeon and you.

"hero myeon is back." minseok, you assume, said as junmyeon stood up and hugged the guy. they pulled away and the guy's eyes landed on you. "hi little one, i'm minseok. you are?"

he waited for you response but you didn't. junmyeon placed his hand on minseok's shoulder, whispering something to him that made him nod. "oh, okay. well, y/n, i don't know about you but those dirt on your skin needs to be removed."

he held out his hand for you and your eyes immediately darted to junmyeon, who nodded at you, telling you it's okay. you hesitantly took minseok's hand and he leads you inside from where he came from, junmyeon following behind. the hallways were decorated in colors that were pleasing to the eyes, it wasn't dark like the hallways in that underground arena. there were some closed doors and behind them, you could hear laughter, unlike the arena you were kept in.

soon, you entered a room, where there was a lady sitting on a chair, sipping a beverage.

"noona, this is y/n." minseok spoke, gaining the lady's attention. "can you help her take a bath while i get her some clothes and a room?"

"no problem!" the lady responded and placed her cup down on the table. her eyes landed on junmyeon and she smiled. "let me guess, you saved her?"

the latter nodded with a chuckle and the lady stood up. "seriously, your name should be heromyeon and not junmyeon."

the lady approached you with a warm smiled. there was no doubts that she's very pretty. "hi y/n, i'm yoora. you're really cute."

you could feel your cheeks flush but you don't respond, instead just shyly smiling at her. her smile brightened when she saw yours. "are you ready to take a bath? i really want those dirt off you."

you nodded your head a little bit. soon, you found yourself inside a bathroom, in a bathtub full of warm water as yoora helps you scrub off every single dirt off your skin. she helped your wash your head and body, helping you dry afterwards and lending you new clothes and undergarments. she also cleaned your wounds, old and new ones.

"i really like your hair." she complimented as she brushes your hair up into a ponytail. "and your eyes. i wish i have those color. you're a wolf hybrid, right?"

you nodded. yoora sighed. "it's rare to find wolf hybrids like you, to be honest. so many people are wanting to keep wolf hybrids to themselves because your kind are the most expensive and like i said, rare."

once she was done putting your hair up into a ponytail, you two left the bathroom. you were dressed into some grey jogger and white shirt, both clothing materials are cotton so you liked it very much. yoora threw away your collar, saying you don't need it because your old owner doesn't own you anymore. you two went down into the hallways, meeting a few hybrids and other workers along the way.

all of the hybrids and workers you passed by greeted yoora, some asked who you are and some gave you friendly smiles and nods. finally, you reached a door and yoora opened it, letting you enter first before she does. junmyeon was already inside, patiently waiting. he smiled when he saw you and waved at you. you smiled back.

"y/n, this will be your room until somebody decides to adopt you." yoora told you from behind.

you looked around the room. the walls were in baby pink color, the bed that junmyeon was sitting on was stacked with pillows and a blanket. there was a desk and a chair and you could see some papers, pens and coloring materials there.

this was nothing compared to your old 'room'.

seeing the smile on your face, junmyeon spoke. "you like it?"

you nodded your head before approaching him. he was surprised when you suddenly hugged him. you didn't speak, you just hugged him as he hugged you back.

"you're welcome." you heard him say before you pull away, tears in your eyes as you try and blink them away. "hey, don't cry."

"she's probably just happy, myeonnie." yoora spoke as she approached the two of you. "she's happy you saved her and brought her here."

you nodded to what yoora said and the two of them smiled at you.

as much as junmyeon was willing to adopt you, he can't. his duty as a police officer takes up most of his time and attention, he wasn't sure if he could give you all his attention and focus if he does adopt you. he was sure someone else would, someone responsible and caring.

someone you deserve to be with.