Chapter 3

"Hey dad," I call from the couch as he walks in through the front door.

"Hey darling, how was school?" he places a kiss on my head, I rub my hair where he planted the kiss, sending him a questioning look as I switch the channel on the TV

"Splendid," I reply in a bored tone. My dad walks over and hesitantly takes a seat across from me. He sits there silently for a few moments, playing with his fingers. His eyes jump from the TV to me, to his hands.

"Can we talk?" He looks up with creased eyebrows. I pause, what's going on?

"Yeah.. what's up?" I turn off the TV and turn to him, confusion all over my face. He takes a deep breath.

"You doing anything tomorrow night?" He asks. I watch as his figure leans back on the couch rigidly. Something is definitely off here. I can fell my heart start to speed up.

"No why?" I say cautiously

"Want to go out for dinner?" He asks smiling. I narrow my eyes. This isn't like him. Nice and cheery, am I in an alternate universe right now? I sniff the air, not smelling any alcohol. If he's not drunk, why is he acting like such a weirdo.

"What's the catch?" I ask skeptically

"Well... just bare with me here," he rushes out "I know this will be a bit hard for you to take but we're going to go out to dinner with your mum, and I expect you to join" He says still smiling. A heavy feeling presses against my chest. A scowl etches on to my face and I stand up from the couch.

"What?"

"Well, She's been out of rehab for nearly 2 years now Chiara and I think it would be great if you see how well she is doing," he bargains, attempting to maintain a calm demeanour I take a deep breath.

"Why, so she can turn back in to that sick bitch she was before." I let out a dry laugh "I'm good," I clip grabbing my phone and heading towards the door

"Come on, Chiara," he pleads. I can feel my heart leaping at my throat.

"If you think I'm going to be weak like you and let her infect herself back in to our lives, you're delusional," I say not bothering to turn around or falter my steps as I walk out the door

"Chiara!" I hear him yell out again as I slam the door behind me. I make my way down the steps and begin to walk down the street. He wanted to let that sick bitch back in to our lives. What a fucking - I slam my fist in to my thigh to distract myself. Pain emits from my leg and I take a deep breath. It'll be okay. She's gone. She can't get to you

Her face flashes in my mind and I stumble feeling lightheaded and nauseous. I let out a shaky breath. It's okay, it's fine. Swallowing hard, I continue to walk down the street. My throat burns. Why the fuck am I starting to cry.
I'm not a fucking little bitch, I don't cry I swallow hard again, my vision blurring slightly. My throat tightens as continue to hold back tears.

I make my way to a near by park. The swings creak and whine as a walk past them to a bench. I unsteadily sit down, pinching the skin on my arm to distract my self. I take a deep breath in

"You're okay Chiara," with my voice trembling tears prick my eyes. I look up at the sky, the clouds drift. I take in a deep breath; calm down

He can't let her back in to our lives. He can't do that. breathing heavily I fall from the seat and to the ground. A sudden stabbing pain fills my chest. The park twist and turns. I blink hard trying to focus on the swings. My head starts to spin, I'm going to fucking vomit. I let out a groan.

He can't do that

He can't do that

She can't - she can't come back