Chapter 1: Rules

Normal; Adjective. Definition: Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected. Something that is rarely felt in today's world. "Normal" is never felt. There is never an exact copy. Nothing is ever the same.

The 23rd of November is when it happened. When everything went wrong.

Kids laughed and chatted, eating their lunch. Apples flew and hit people in the head. Ms.Genetti screamed at people to clean up messes they didn't make. The lunch ladies gossiped about other lunch ladies, and about Prince Harry or whatever.

As Alena, Alessi, Caroline, Juliane, and Kalera ate their lunch, the popular girls filed into the cafeteria, their ever so fancy holographic Adidas Superstars synchronizing.

"Oh, it's Pinky, Bluey, and Purpley," Alessi grumbled. Kalera munched on her seaweed snack anxiously. Juliane prepared to slap one of them with chocolatey fingers. Caroline drew in her sketchbook, while Alena wrote in her journal.

With their obnoxiously bright dyed hair, the popular girls sashayed up to their table.

"We have names you know," one of them sneered.

"Hey," Alena said sarcastically, ignoring their comment. "Nice to see you guys again."

"Shut it!" She cleared her throat about 7 times before continuing. "Hey, trash cans! We're signing up for the volleyball team. We're gonna beat Alena to the ground!" Alena smiled and gestured to serve her head off.

"Doubt it." Alena smirked. Kalera started shoving all her seaweed in her mouth.

"Look at our new, matching Adidas. So much better than your cheap shoes. I mean, look at this holographic beauty!" She pointed to her Adidas Superstars.

"Do you even know what holographic means?" Kalera asked, trying not to laugh.

"Duh, it means like, beauty or whatever. I don't have a 56% in ELA for nothing. Besides, I'm, like, pi times more beautifuller than you."

"That's not even how you use that word..." Kalera grumbled.

"Which word?"

"EVERY WORD!" everyone choired.

"Whatever." Bluey flipped her bright neon hair.

"You're a living stereotype," Caroline sighed, rolling her eyes.
"At least we don't look like trash!"

"At least we don't look like oompa loompas," Alena added.

"I don't even know what oompa loompas are," Purpley scoffed, repositioning her purse. Caroline muttered about how impractical a purse was in school.

"You're a disgrace to the world," Alena remarked, as she started to hum the Candy Man song. Juliane wiped chocolate on one of their pristine, bright pink cheerleader outfits.

"How dare you! My mommy works here, you're gonna get suspended!" Pinky whined, trying to wipe it off. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FLIRT WITH BRYAN LIKE THIS!" Juliane began to laugh hysterically, almost choking on her pretzels.

"Either way, you suck at flirting in the first place." Alessi noted.

"Oh, shut up! You and your dumb friends are COMPLETE BI-"

Juliane's eyes flashed with anger. With her long caramel hair flying behind her, she smacked Pinky in the face.

"UGH! Smells like the Pantene shampoo, how cheap!" she screamed. "I'm gonna tell my mommy that you punched me, and wrestled me, and that you pushed me to the ground and called me whatever an oompa loompa is! And, and-" she babbled. Alena hummed the Oompa Loompa song even louder. Kalera began to crack up, trying to keep the multiple sheets of seaweed in her mouth.