Kirk

"Shit," you groaned, lightheaded and exhausted. This was the third time you had thrown up this week. Your limbs shook and your face, although you couldn't see it, was whiter than a sheet. Your husband (and almost everyone else on the ship) was still asleep; after all, it was 0215. Your thoughts drifted aimlessly until one thought washed over you like a tidal wave.

You rushed out of the bathroom and to sick bay, careful not to wake those whose quarters you had passed by on the way. When you turned into sick bay, Doctor McCoy was still there, drinking a cup of coffee and working diligently on his PADD.

"(Y/N), what brings you here at this hour?"

You hesitated for a moment, then said softly, "Bones, I... I think I might be pregnant..."

He appeared as though in shock for a second. "Sit right here, darlin'. I'll be with you in a moment."

After a minute, he was back with a bit of equipment. "I just need you to sit up a bit straighter." I straightened myself up and waited to hear the outcome of his scans, fear washing over me.

"You're pregnant, all right. Two weeks along."

You took a moment for this to sink in. You weren't even sure you were ready to be a mother. What'll Jim think? Oh, God, I'm a mother...what am I going to do?!

"Thank you...I-I'll come back soon." You darted out of sick bay, holding back tears that begged to fall. When you finally reached your shared quarters, you gently woke your husband, still shaking. "Uh, Jim..."

"(Y/N), you look like you've just been told you're pregnant," he chuckled as he sat up on the edge of the bed and embraced you lightly. "What's bothering you so much?"

"I have."

His eyes widened. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"We're going to be parents," you choked. "I didn't know what you'd think...I was so nervous, I thought you would be so stressed out at the thought of being a father --"

"No, no, (Y/N), it's okay..." He rubbed circles onto your back, tightening his embrace ever so slightly. "I'm overjoyed, (Y/N). I'm going to be a father with the love of my life," he chuckled into your shoulder, crying tears of joy. After a minute, you joined him, your tears of worry turning into ones of joy and pure love.

• Nine Months Later •

You held your new child in your arms, carefully cradling him as Jim stood over you and smiled in awe at your beautiful baby boy.

"He's beautiful," he gushed, planting a small kiss on your forehead.

"I know... did you have any names in mind?"

He rubbed his chin in thought, his eyes trailing up to the ceiling. "Everett."

"I love that," you replied, grinning. You looked back down at your child. "Welcome to the world, Everett Owen Kirk."

A/N: The part after the time skip is SO cheesy...ugh.