26

Taehyung sighs, his head starting to hurt as everyone looked at him expectantly.

"I don't think it's working." He says. "I don't even know how to tell if it is."

"Just try again, kitten." Jin says, his voice still sounding worried.

They had brought Taehyung to Hyoyeon to try and contact Jungkook through some kind of internal link they both shared but they hadn't had any luck.

    "I can't, hyung. He isn't answering." The younger says, biting his lip nervously. "I don't think he's coming back."

    "I don't get it, why would he just leave without an explanation?" Jin sighs in frustration.

    "Are you sure this link thing is real?" Yoongi, who still hasn't spoken directly to Taehyung, says. "Maybe there is no way to contact him."

    "I've been alive a longer than you have, Yoongi. Are you really doubting me?" Hyoyeon asks as she stares into the fire in front of her.

Yoongi sighs, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "Maybe we should just forget it then."

    "Just try again, child." Jin says, shooting Yoongi a glare. "If Hyoyeon says there's a link then there is one."

    "I'm trying, hyung. I can't feel him, I can't feel anything." The younger says standing and pacing the ground in front of him.

    'Jeongguk, wherever you've gone, please come back. If you aren't coming back please let me know somehow.'

He receives more silence in return.

    'Jeongguk, you're making me very very upset and I'm about to lose my temper. Please let me know you're alright somehow. If this stupid link thing is working please respond.'

    'I don't get how I'm supposed to respond. Is it the same kind of wolf link? No, he's a whole vampire, Jeongguk, come on.'

    'Jungkook!?'

    'Holy shit, you can hear me!?'

    "I think I got him." Taehyung says out loud making Hyoyeon release a sound of relief.

    'Jeongguk, where are you? You just left, how could you just~'

    'I can explain. I found Namjoon~"

    'Is he alright?'

    "What's he saying, kitten?" Jin asks, only being able to pick up Taehyung's thoughts.

    "He found his friend and he's alright." Taehyung says, still pacing nervously. "And he found some kind of...camp...hideout...bullshit or something."

Yoongi frowns in confusion, all of this was confusing to him.

    "Vampire and werewolves...mates." Taehyung continues as he tries to focus on the link. "Willing to protect us if we reveal ourselves as mates."

    "What?" Jin asks, standing up himself.

    'Jin-hyung doesn't like that I don't think.'

    'I know. I don't either. I can't let anything happen to you.'

    'I can protect myself.'

    "Taehyung." Jin says. "Absolutely not, you absolutely will not do such a thing. Not now, you aren't ready."

    'You can't, Taehyung. You aren't trained to fight. You aren't ready.'