00:05

Clementine woke up in her dorm to a knock. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and groaned loudly as she saw the time on her phone. An audible groan of disbelief left her; 6AM and someone was banging on her door. The knock repeated, sharper and more impatient this time. A scowl on her face, she stretched and silently cursed.

Pulling herself out of bed, she unlocked the door and swung it open. Her heart leaped into her throat at the sight of the King himself.

Elijah Gold's black curls were shiny with moisture, and he smelt of citrusy shampoo. His usual uniform was replaced with a black shirt, and a pair of cargos. His sharp features were contorted with dry boredom.

"Did I interrupt?" He drawled, giving her a cool once over.

She was wearing her pyjamas; silk shorts accompanied with a plain shirt. Her hair was tangled, the golden tresses mussed and tangled. She was fairly certain her pillow case had left an imprint on her cheek.

"'You woke me," she scowled, glaring at him. "I'm not supposed to wake up for another five hours."

"Ah, but you'll forgive me, won't you?" He curled his lip, barging into her room.

She let out a soft sound of protest, moving to the side as the side of his body brushed along her front. Her cheeks coloured, and she settled for glaring at the back of his head.

"What do you want now?" She grumbled, rubbing at her bloodshot eyes. "This is literally my one day off."

Elijah walked through her room, casually analysing everything with flat eyes. His elegant fingers picked up and placed down stray items. She noticed that he was straightening the row of lipglosses on her side table, fixing the askew lamp shade and aligning the stack of books. God, he was a neat freak. The corners of her lips curled into a smile. A little secret for her to obsess over in private.

"Levi said I need to play nice and break the ice," he grunted, looking completely repulsed at the idea. "Said I should take you shopping, or some shit like that."

He leaned against the wall, his muscular arms crossed against his broad chest. A silver Rolex gleamed on his being wrist. She didn't like the idea of being alone in a room with an Aristocrat, especially with the cruel king himself.

"I'm not going shopping with you," she said, her tone slightly exasperated.

He looked her up and down, before shrugging and looking away, sniffing in contempt. Her mouth almost fell open.

Did she just get snubbed?

"My clothes are actually pretty okay, so I don't really see the need to buy a whole new wardrobe," she said defensively, her cheeks warming. "And I hate to break it to you, but not everyone is as rolling in money like you. How am I supposed to go shopping with no money?"

"You think I don't have the money?" He tilted his head, his eyes shining with what she thought to be amusement.

She bit her lip, worrying it between her teeth.

"I'm not using your money."

"Sure," he drawled, in that infuriating tone of his.

"I can't buy much, so don't expect a lot from me. And no offence, but I'd rather go with Levi. I like him more than you. Again, no offence."

Elijah rolled his eyes, his lips thinning.

"None taken." His voice was dry. "And I am paying."

"No. Absolutely not, I'm not making you do that."

He smirked and stepped forward, ignoring her protests and indignation.