Part 1|Those Who Carried On

Present.

"HEYYY KUNIKIDA," SLURRED Dazai Osamu, who slung an arm around his macaroon haired friend. "I heard a rumor that the boss's girl is moving to the city."

"Heard, or snooped through his emails?" Doppo Kunikada retorted without bothering to look at the brunette. Instead, he chose to keep looking through the files in his folder.

"Who knows?" smirked Dazai, a cat like expression on his face.

Atsushi Nakajima leaned over, unable to help but overhear. "Boss's girl?" he echoed innocently.

All of a sudden, his expression twisted with horror. "Y-YOU MEAN, F-F-FUKUZAWA-SENPAI H-HAS A-"

A book was suddenly shut closed, catching the attention of the three. The three glanced up at Akiko Yosano, who had her eyes closed and a disapproving frown on her face. "Don't go saying weird things like that Daizai, otherwise it's obvious people would get the wrong idea."

Dazai let out a small giggle. "Hehe, sorry." He looked over at Atsushi, who was still lost. "What I mean is, Fukuzawa's daughter is moving in from the countryside."

The silver haired boy blinked before the realization hit him.

"A DAUGHTER?!" he exclaims dramatically, finding it much more bizarre than a girlfriend. He still knew little to nothing about Yukichi Fukuzawa, the boss of the Armed Detectivity Agency.

"Yeah, but she's staying with her step-dad for the time being," chimed in Naomi Tanizaki, who rested her chin on the back of a chair. Atsushi jumped at the sudden voice. "He's, like, this pretty rich dude. That's what I've heard, at least."

"Then why would they come here?" wondered her brother out loud, resting the back of his head on his arms.

"Because her mother has passed."

Everyone in the room flinched when they recognized Yukichi's voice, who stood in the threshold.

"F-Fukuzawa-Senpai!"

A brief look of despair flashed on his face before he looked back up at them. He took a moment to speak before stating, "Kunikida, Osamu, Nakajima. I have a favor to ask of you."

• • •

An orchestra played gently in the background of the lobby. (Name) fidgeted with the watch on her wrist, repeatedly glancing at it now and then. So far, only thirty seconds had passed since she last checked it.

Her step father, Takashi Tivan, conversed with some guests at the party, and she sat alone in a chair against wall, wanting nothing more than to head to her room in this huge building and look at what sorts of things she could mess around with for fun.

"Maybe you should just ditch."

Instead of bothering to reply, her feet tapped impatiently at Usagi's comment, as if to say, don't you think I want to? He sat on the empty chair next to the right girl, hunched over to watch the amount of people gathered. His hair stuck out in tuffs of bubble gum pink against a white paper hitaikakashu, complimenting his eyes. They were a baby blue, but held no life in life them.

The ghost took a peek at (Name), draped in a long silky dress a deep shade of (f/c) and obsidian black for the party, as shown in the media. The elegant outfit was a direct juxtapose to the school uniform Usagi was stuck wearing for eternity, which held a blue tie with pink stripes, the same colors as his hair and eyes.

"This is a lot of people just to celebrate the return of their entrepreneur. Is dear old daddy coming along too?"

(Name) visibly flinched at the mention, but just slightly. She averted her gaze to the left, at the table that was serving fruit instead of in front of her. Usagi could hear a grumble from her.

"Yikes, still haven't gotten over that, I see. Welp, there's a first time for everything."

Usagi smiled, looking ahead of him. Between the guests, he noticed the front doors open, and a familiar figure step inside, with three unknown people walking alongside him. His face lit up.

"(Name), you're not gonna fucking believe this, but guess who's here!"

Although he couldn't feel, Usagi yelped when (Name) punched the chair on her right in a quick fit of anger. If she was mad before, she was definitely angry now. A sweatdrop formed on Usagi's forehead. He probably should've known better than to mention her father under these circumstances, but when did he ever care much for that?

When her (e/c) eyes looked up, he was indeed right. The silver haired man wore a sand colored vest over a collared coin colored shirt. She couldn't see it very well from afar, but was sure that his pants were a greyish shade of fossil as well.

His accomplices, as she chose to call them, weren't something she thought of as worth analyzing. Instead, she huffed and crossed her arms with annoyance. It took all her might not to leave right now, she knew she owed her step-dad that much. And (Name) was someone to settle her debts.

"They're coming."

"I know," she growled. Usagi backed away, afraid to anger her any further.

"(Name)-Chan, come greet your father," said Takashi, walking in front of the group of five. The girl stood up, body stiff as a board. Usagi awkwardly stepped between her and Fukuzawa, waving his hands around excitedly, but weakly as well. His voice held the same awkward energy.

"Family reunion, yayyyy."

Though she avoided eye contact at first, she decided to initiate it anyway. Only to end up glaring at him with flared (e/c) eyes while gritting her teeth. Another grumble emitted from the girl.

Cute, thought Fukazawa, completely ignoring the way her eyes were stabbing daggers into him.

S-Scary, a shiver crawled up Doppo and Atsushi's spine.

"Good evening, my beautiful princess!" chimed Dazai, popping in. He grabbed both of her hands, holding them close. "My my, how the stars on your dress reflect the stars of my mind, wondering if you would like to-"

Slap!

--
Honestly I can't remember how dazai acts towards women like how he approaches then flirts. If it's out of character it's because I'm an idiot and also it's up 4 am.

Me: just trynna google what step dads call their step daughters in Japan to know if xx-chan is appropriate
Google:

Me: just trynna google what step dads call their step daughters in Japan to know if xx-chan is appropriateGoogle: