Chapter Three: Looking For A Shot On The Big Screen

“Less than an hour ago, we received word from one of our sources at the police department of a search warrant being issued for Clementine Everett. As of now, we are outside her house, awaiting any further news- oh, here they c-”

Louis turned the keys to his car, paying no mind to the radio and instead exiting said car and making his way towards the door. In his way stood a tall, dark skinned man, with a piece of his ear missing.

“C’mon, kid, you know I can’t let you in unless you’re on the list. He didn’t-” Not even speaking, Louis grinned as he pulled two bills from his wallet. “....all this for a prank?”

Louis raised an eyebrow. “If you think I’m going to let Willy replace by shampoo with oil and get away with it, you’re wrong, Mike.”

The security guard, known as Mike, rolled his eyes, reaching his hand out and taking the bills from the boys hand. “I’m going to the bathroom. I didn’t see anything.”

Louis’ grin widened as the man moved out of the way, turning to face him as he walked off and backing into the door. “See what? I have no idea what you’re talking about!”

“Louis Sulieman?”

He stood nervously, heart in his throat, breath unsteady and hands shaking.

“Bail is set at $25,000.”

Louis reached into his pocket, grinning to himself as he felt the bag. All he needed now was for Willy to have a drink at his-

His hand reached out as he turned the corner, catching the body he had bumped into. “Shit, I- I’m sorr-” “-don’t worry about it. I wasn’t looking. Thanks for not letting me fall on my face,”

A small smile replaced the worried look on his face as he nodded to the redhead, continuing on his way towards Willy’s room. However, he paid her no attention after that. Not enough to notice the man who had been walking right behind her, anyways.

“Sophie!”

The redhead’s eyes rolled into the back of her head.

“Nate, I already told you! I think you’re a good guy, but we work together. Not to mention how much older you are than me…?”

The scruffy man glared, backing her against the wall. “But you’ll make heart eyes at some random guy?”

Her eyes really couldn’t go any further back into her skull. “Heart eyes? Really? That’s what you think that was?” At his silence, she continued. “I’m not allowed to thank someone for catching me before I fall?”

Pointing his finger and shoving it in her face, forcing her back into the wall, he growled. “Say he assaulted you.”

She had to laugh, now. “-and why in the hell would I do that?! You’re insane, Nate. He didn’t do anything!”

He leaned close enough for her to smell the cigarette smoke and whiskey on his breath. “You’ll do exactly what I say because I know what your sister does for a living.”

“Hey,”

Louis looked up from the holding cell, circles under his puffy eyes.

“I posted your bail,” Willy frowned, hands holding the bars from the other side. “You can go home.”

Perfect! A cup of water. This couldn’t have panned out any perfectly. Reaching into his pocket, Louis grabbed the bag and pulled it out, opening it and dumping the salt in. That’d teach the little shit to prank him.

Moving back at a door closing, Louis hid in a corner where Willy’s view of him would be blocked from any direction. Watching as said dirty blonde took his seat, Louis couldn’t help but let out a laugh when the boy took a drink, only to spit it all out and make a face.

“What the shit!” He cursed, muffled through his cringe at the taste. He turned behind him, moving to get a look at the older boy. “Asshole. What is that, salt?”

Louis continued laughing, nodding. Willy simply grinned, using the back of his hand to wipe his mouth. “You’re getting me a -” “-Is it him?”

Louis glanced up to see the same girl from before, eyebrows furrowed at the two security guards by her side. Willy’s eyebrows furrowed too. “Sophie…? What’s-”

The redhead looked to the ground, arms crossed and face sulking. “..yeah. It was him…”

Louis tilted his head. “What was me?”

“Let’s go, bud.” One of the security guards scolded, walking over and grabbing him by the arm.

“W-” Louis looked to Sophie. “What’d-” His glance changed to Willy. “I didn’t do anything??”

Cash.

Clothes.

Food.

What the hell else would he need? Phone charger, maybe. What else would people take when running from the cops?

Louis glanced down to the bag in his hands, glancing up nervously at the door, before zipping up said bag and slinging it over his shoulder. He never thought he’d be running from the police because of a crime he’d never commit in a million years, but here he was, falling out the front door and rushing to his car. He just hoped the charges would be dropped. Sooner or later, at least….