Chapter Seven: Damn Radio

A/N: Im posting this for fear of being murdered by agarserv    

"Im freezing,"

Violet glanced to Brody at her side, Louis' feet scuffing the asphalt behind them.

"I know. It's just up ahead."

-

Clementine watched the soda fall from the vending machine, leaning down to grab the can before standing back up.

"Are you sure you should be drinking that?" Mitch remarked, an eyebrow raised. "Yknow, being the Ms. of America?"

Clementine rolled her eyes, taking a seat next to him on the bench outside her room; pulling her feet up with her so as the rain blowing in the roof wouldn't get them soaked. "What's more American than drinking carbonated sugar? Besides. For all I care at the moment, America can kiss my ass."

Mitch let out a small chuckle as he took a bite of one of the stale cookies from the machine. "Reasonable."

-

Violet glanced to the near empty lot of cars between the two motel buildings, before ducking her head behind the door and approaching the desk; Louis and Brody at her side.

"You're back early. Minnie throw one of her fits?"

Violet shook her head. "I need a room for three."

-

"Holy shit,"

Clementine shrugged. "Yeah."

Mitch shook his head, uncomfortably folding his arms. "That's… That's a serious dick move."

A nod. "I think you might beat me, though. Becca might be an addict but she's never had a hit and run in my car…"

Mitch hesitated. "Marlon never hid a felony amount of illegal substances under my mattress,"

Clementine shrugged, nodding. "I guess we're pretty ev-" "-shit."

Brown eyes turned, eyebrows furrowing as Clementine followed Mitch's gaze to the cop car pulling up in front of the reception building.

"...go get your stuff."

-

Green eyes watched the woman glance up as the door behind her opened and closed again, the sickening sound of a voice over a walkie echoing in the small room.

"Ma'am, when you've got a minute…?"

Violet could practically hear Brody tense at her side, watching as the clerk nodded to the officer.

"Y'know, why don't you guys go wait for me at the car? Start unloading our bags and stuff. Out of the car." Violet started, keeping her voice subtle.

Louis nodded from underneath the hood on his head, keeping his head down as he approached Brody and the two made their way out the door. Violet smiled fakely at the clerk, catching the glance she gave her out of the corner of her eye.

"Alright! I made sure to put it in the computer that your roof was leaking so it can be fixed. I'm so sorry about that ma'am. I hope you enjoy your new room!" The woman said, sticking a sick smile on her face. Violet returned the fake smile and nodded, turning and walking past the officer out the door.

She'd have to thank her for that later.

Violet picked up her pace once in the rain, spotting Louis and Brody hanging out at the side of a van. Her hand raised in front of her eyes, shielding them from the downpour of rain. "Have you two seen anyone out here the past two minutes?"