Chapter Six: Welcome To The Club

A/N: Warning! There are two mentions/heavily implied sexual assault parts.

Violet glanced down to the gun in her hand, ignoring the drops of water smashing against her head. Thunder cracked in the background, the alley walls surrounding her blocking any flashes of light she might see from the wet storm.

The metal of the fire escape creaked under her, eyes shifting down to it. Someone had closed their apartment window a few levels down. The gun in her grip fell down to her side with her hand, fingers letting it softly slip out of her grasp and onto the metal before bringing her arms back up and hugging herself.

It was going to be cold tonight. The rain would make sure of that.

Another drop splashed into her head, a sniffle echoing down the alley way, before the sound of sirens reached her ears.

Her eyes traveled to the window next to her, then the windows above and below. Most had their lights off; surely they hadn't called the cops on her. She couldn't risk a run in with them. Not after everything that had happened at the house. Not with a gun at her side.

The sound of voices interrupted her next, eyebrows furrowing and line of sight shifting to see the two figures stumble into the dark hall.

"Didn't your momma ever teach you to reply to a man?"

Violet had to fight the urge to roll her eyes. It was probably just another old, trashy couple from the bar over that would end up making out and having sex in the alleyway. Her face contorted in disgust, fingers pulling the sleeves of her sweatshirt over her hands and moving them up to her ears. Before she could, the second figure replied.

"Please... I don't want any trouble... I just-" A whimper. "-I just need to find a place to stay..."

Violet's eyebrows narrowed, hands untucking from the warmth of her sleeves.

"I can give you a place to stay?"

Violet's jaw clenched. Fucking creep.

A sob escaped the young woman's throat. "Is there a hotel anywhere near?"

A few seconds went by in silence, enough for Violet to assume they had left the alley way, before a yelp left the woman's mouth, the sound of a struggle echoing up the walls.

"Please, st-" "-Sh, sh sh sh. Just come over to my place, hm? We can have some fun, can't we?"

Brody whimpered, tears brimming her eyes as her right hand fought to get the man's grip off her arm. His other hand, however, found it's way over her mouth.

"Your arm don't look too good, sweetheart. Someone else get to you before me...?"

Brody's eyes squinted shut, a whimper slipping from her throat as he leaned in a little too close, hand moving to fumble with something below her waist.

"I bet you wanted 'em to, didn't you."

At the sound of her whimpers, the man chuckled.

"Did you put up this much of a fight for him too-" The man was cut off, hands falling off her body and moving to his crotch. "Mother fucker!"

"Yeah, you are."

Brody turned her eyes to the woman now standing in front of her, blonde hair matted down from the rain and right hand holding a gun to the head of the man whose hands had been covering her body mere seconds ago.

"Go back to whatever liquor dump you crawled out of and drink yourself to death."

The man glared at her, hands over his crotch. "You piece of-" Brody jumped at the sound of a gunshot, watching the pieces of asphalt fly up from next to the man.