Harry Potter and the horrifying criticism from Gallus

This dare by TorchTorque is one of those that needs screenshots, since it got changed as we talked...you know, since reading those gigantic Harry Potter books or watching all eight movies for a dare would be TORTURE. 

I'll do the same thing I did with Kung Fu Panda and just give my thoughts on the movie as they are

I'll do the same thing I did with Kung Fu Panda and just give my thoughts on the movie as they are. I wouldn't want to read somecreature react to an entire movie in a chapter, and neither should you. I actually got to watch the first Harry Potter movie with Sandbar, since he thankfully came back from his travels yesterday. It made the experience a LOT better. Every time I got bored, I would just find a way to tease or mess with Sandbar! Which was definitely fun~ *grins and snickers*

As for the movie....well, for starters, I should point out that even if I liked the movie, I didn't have a perfect experience...because Rosy made me watch the HUMAN equivalent of the first Harry Potter movie! Not the version that I know, Hayrry Potter and the Conjurer's Stone. I had to watch ugly humans for TWO HOURS! And yeah, I still think humans are ugly. Don't take it personally, it's just that I have standards in good looks that NO humans reach. *sassy shrug*I could have a bunch of comments screeching at me for calling humans ugly AND criticizing Harry Potter, so this will be a doozy. 

But before you all get mad or worried, let me say that I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would. Granted, it was still WAY too long, and a lot of what made me enjoy the movie was the spectacle of it. The effects, the world, the details. I don't think I would enjoy the books more than the movies, at all. I'll take movies over books any day, but especially with a long series that has a great-looking world like this one!

Still, there's stuff about the actual story that I do like....I feel like the reason I was dared to do this is because of Harry being an orphan and an abuse survivor...I'm somewhat of an abuse survivor and definitely an orphan... I'll admit, it did mean a lot to see the protagonist of such a huge franchise experience visible abuse, show sadness for being an orphan, and still have his life turn for the better as he gets to a new school... *soft, small smile* Yeah, I relate a lot to Harry. Which is funny, because I don't think he's the best character, and I DID wish he showed more raw emotion to his situation than just regular, run-of-the-mill sadness in the beginning of the movie. *scowls a bit* And it doesn't help that he's not allowed to ditch his abusive "family" in the end. Even I was able to do that, in a school that ISN'T in my hometown! 

But on the subject of my favorite character, Hermione is great. Sure, she has her flaws, she can be an annoying know-it-all, but hey, so can I! Who am I to complain? I liked to see her be snooty but also be so smart and a good friend. And when she froze that kid out of nowhere, that was priceless! I think that if you crossed Harry and Hermione, you could get a character that's very similar to me. You know, without any of the egghead traits. 

I guess I should mention the red-haired dude too, Ron. He didn't interest me as much as the other two, but he's okay. He saves the trio at one point and he's just a dork, I can't be mad at him. Everyone else was alright, except for Draco and Snape.  Get that pretentious bully and that miserable abusive teacher out of Hogwarts! 

Yeah, on the subject of that, I should mention problems with the movie. I REALLY don't like the stuff with the Houses. It makes NO sense to me. Why are the students divided by personality traits?! I could maybe see it work if their magic was really connected to their emotions. Maybe Slytherins could have more unstable magic due to being the meanest, and maybe Ravenclaws need to be taught magic in more technical ways. But the movie doesn't really seem to imply that. It seems to imply that it's for the sake of giving students "points" and making them compete. Yeah, shouldn't you avoid making the students want to tear each other down when they're learning to use MAGIC? The Houses are stupid, especially the Slytherin house! Ron says something along the lines of "Every bad wizard has come out of Slytherin". Okay, then why have that house in the first place?!

Honestly, I wasn't really into the movie in the beginning aside from the great visuals. The first half of this movie makes this way longer than it needs to be, and for every thing that I liked, another thing that I didn't like would come afterwards. When the movie starts getting action-packed, that's when I really start to enjoy it, aside from the character moments that I enjoy. The movie always feels like it's the setup for more to come, it's constantly giving story threads that you know they're not gonna get to yet. So when it's actually trying to make you FEEL something in the moment, for the characters and for the action, that's when I like it.

...Yeah, that's it. Take my brutally honest opinions on this movie and my constructive criticism that you probably disagree with me. *huffs* I've unfortunately gotten used to stupid and rude comments at this point. 

----------------------------

🚫 *** - DON'T send asks or dares. They are CLOSED. I have too many to do! - *** 🚫