Detailed ramblings about my best friends, that took too long to get to

Question (by TorchTorque): How do you HONESTLY personally feel about your friends?

You know, when I first got this question, I was confused, 'cause the question seemed to imply that I haven't been honest about my friends. Sure, I'm not the most honest griffon, and I don't like talking about certain feelings, but I've admitted that my friends..do mean a lot to me. However, Torch explained that he/she meant that I've never talked about my friends individually and in detail....Yeah, I haven't done that. And I've done more than 100 chapters in this weird book. Clearly, you guys suck at giving questions. 

Okay, who do I start this with? ...Hmmm...I'll start with Smolder first. Yeah, she's a good pick to start this off with, because she was my first friend from the group. Unlike with the rest of my friends, she's the only one I had a positive opinion on from the start. We could really bond over how much tougher and cynical we are as griffons and dragons, compared to ponies and to other creatures. It made me consider her as a friend, enough for me to agree to skip class JUST with her, before the rest of our friends decided to join us. So yeah, we were friends first. But we didn't really say it, because like Smolder said "Maybe dragons and griffons are just too tough for friendship." *rolls his eyes with a smile* So much for being like any other griffon or dragon. 

Anyway, Smolder's great to talk to and to hang out with when we want to do the same things. When we disagree...oh boy, our arguments can get ugly.  We're both very hot-blooded, so we don't hesitate on getting confrontational with each other. But that's never stopped me from caring about her...if anything, I react so strongly BECAUSE I care about her. It's more stressful to fight with her than to fight with a nobody I feel no affection for. At the end of the day, she's confided in me stuff that I don't think she's shared with anycreature, and I sometimes let my guard down around her too. That's what matters, at the end of the day. 

Next, I'll talk about...hmm, I'll go with Yona. I can say that we're both pretty close. I poke fun at her for certain yak traits I don't like, just to mess with her like a friend, and she's still loyal and sweet to me. After I skipped class with her and the rest of our friends, I realized just how fun she is to have around. I would've never guessed a yak could be so likable and bubbly. But we grew close after Hearth's Warming...She really feels bad that I never had a place in Griffonstone. Yona has told me that Yakyakistan is all about patriotism and respecting every yak equally and not leaving any yak behind.  She...really thinks that I deserve to live in a place with values like those. Heh, if anycreature has insisted that I should spend time in their home, it's Yona. 

And speaking of 'spending time in their home', I should mention Sandbar next, since Sandbar loves to invite me to his Ponyville home every now and then. We're the only guys in the group, so of course, that makes us be closer to each other. *smirks* And Sandbar's my favorite to tease and poke fun at~ For a lot of reasons, and especially because it's so easy~ I mean, come on, he's a Ghillie Head! 

 *smirks* And Sandbar's my favorite to tease and poke fun at~ For a lot of reasons, and especially because it's so easy~ I mean, come on, he's a Ghillie Head! 

TELL ME this doesn't remind you of Sandbar's hair!

Let me make it clear to any sunshiny pony readers, poking fun at Sandbar like this doesn't bother him. In fact, he has as much fun with it as I do. He usually doesn't take it TOO seriously, so it makes us have some great banter and ribbing....I'll admit, Sandbar is just great to talk to, at any time....You know, when he's not being an absent-minded idiot. When he's actually being smart, he's great to talk to. Great to talk to when I'm feeling playful, and even when I'm down in the dumps. That's why we're so..so close with each other. There's only a small number of creatures who know and understand me as...as intimately as Sandbar does. 

...Which is something that I can only express by teasing Sandbar as much as I can and playfully hating him. Or he'll get on my nerves by acting sappy and flattered about it, like a gay loverboy. *imitating Sandbar's voice in an exaggerated surfer tone* "Awww, Gallus! You do have a heart! You're so sweet, dude! We have the most righteous bromance EVER!" *back to talking with his own voice* No, I REFUSE to agree on having a bromance with Sandbar. Everycreature knows bromances just make others speculate that the guys might like other guys! *grumbles a bit as he blushes a little* Sure, Sandbar doesn't mean it, and he does it to get a rise out of me...but dammit, I hate how it works! Hmph, I'm just glad he's toned it down lately, now that I'm taken. 

...Have I really rambled about Sandbar for THIS long? Geesh, I REALLY hope Sandbar never sees this.. Let's talk about...let's talk about Ocellus, yeah. I don't talk enough about her.

The nicest thing I can say about Ocellus is that she never gets on anycreature's nerves. She always tries to be reasonable and understanding. Which means a lot coming from me, because it's easy to get on my nerves, and Ocellus and I have NOTHING in common. From my friends, she's the one I least hang out with one-on-one. And not just because of me, since Ocellus prefers to spend time with Smolder and the rest of the girls. It's not because we don't care about each other, at all, it's just because we have different interests. It's hard for us to ignore that I'm too rough, and she's too sensitive. Or that I'm too cool and she's too nerdy. Either way, Ocellus is always someone that's good to have around. As long as she's not rambling like a nerd, anycreature can like her.  

And finally, there's...Silverstream. ...W-Well, I've been dating her, for uh, quite a while. *blushes* I'm pretty sure that speaks for itself.....So, um, yeah, no need to ramble on about feelings here. *chuckles sheepishly*

Rosy Star: *rolls her eyes playfully* Someone's a shy little griffon~

*blushes harder as he glares hard* I-I am NOT shy!! I-It's just that I've mentioned our...our relationship countless times! 

Rosy Star: *giggles* Countless times? It's only been like, fifteen times.

Well, to me that's more than enough! And this is the end of the chapter because I say so!

Rosy Star: Mmmhmm, sure....*big smirk* Any of you readers want to ask Gallus a question about Silverstream~?

*eyes widen as he's blushing again* DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!