Chapter Six

Adonis P.O.V

After Ethan took Emma, I went in with my day. I ate slept and studied for the chapter check-in tomorrow. I only hoped Emma was studying because this check-in would be hard because we were studying the nervous system.

~✨The next day after class~

"The test was pretty hard", Emma said looking down.  She looked sad and that just made me want to hug her. "I didn't get a lot right I think I'm going to fail this chapter..."

"No, you won't!", I said suddenly. "I got all of them correct so you can study with me. If you want....", I turned shy at the last part. Why?! Adonis, why?!

"Sure...", Emma said still looking down. I felt so bad 'cause  I kind of boasted on my score.

"Hey...Hey... It's okay." I said trying to sound reassuring. "We can study later at my house. What time do your classes end? I saw Ethan taking you to a class the first time we met", I said trying not to let her know that I was staling her for w while and got a hold of her schedule. 

"We can... My classes end an hour later after Ethan comes and gets me. You can pick me up from my class. If you like", she said and flashed me a smile. Of course, I smiled back because whenever she smiles it brings me happiness. 

Ethan came again and I rolled my eyes. They were always so lovey-dovey when they were together. It was sickening for me to watch. Trust me I never wanted to be around Ethan. He didn't even like me, so why bother? 

After they left I went to go hand around in the cafeteria. I ordered a black coffee and sat at one of the tables to do some homework or think of a study plan to do with Emma. I took out my notes that I did last night since they helped me a lot with the test. I guess I could teach her my studying method. I also worked on my homework for my classes and made an extra copy in case Emma needed to copy or something. I wanted t to be prepared for her. I wanted her to know I'm always there for her. I smiled to myself while thinking about it. Maybe she'll learn to love me more than Ethan. I wanted to scoff just thinking about him or saying his name,l, but I had to keep calm for Emma. This is all for Emma. 

After I see her class was going to be over, I packed up all of my things and headed for her class. 

When I got there I noticed Ethan was sitting by her and I got jealous. I have no idea why though. I mean she wasn't my girlfriend, but she was soon going to be my girlfriend. As soon as I found a way to get Ethan out of my way.  I knocked on the threshold before walking up to her. I tried to be cute or attractive. It seemed to work on some of the girls in the class because they looked blown away. I guess I really do have a charm.

"You ready for our study session?", I say while smiling at her.

"Yes!", she says quite excited. I smile to myself knowing that I made her happy and walk out of the class. 

When we got to my condo, which is on the bottom floor so I have a basement, I took her to the kitchen. She sat on the island and took out her supplies. I sat next to her and did the same.

"So last night while I studied I wrote down some notes. You can copy them or make yourself another one. Are you hungry? I'll make you dinner.", I said.

"Are you sure? If it's too much work I don't want to bother you...", she said. DAMMIT, SHE'S TOO CUTE.

"I'm sure", I said and nodded. I then got the shrimp out of the fridge and started to cook for her. My mom or dad used to cook this for us sometimes. I smiled to myself remembering Cole, Saorsie, Kevin and I running around the house. 

I noticed that Emma was struggling with a few things. "Are you okay?", I said.

"Yeah",  she said and got back to work. I continued to work on my shrimp. 

After I was done I turned off the stove and got some paper plates and put the shrimp on them. I smiled cause it reminded me of mom's cooking. My dad was always a better cook. Although he was, it was my mom's recipe. Her mom taught it to her. Then she taught me. It put a big smile on my face. I gave her the plate. She looked really surprised, so I panicked again. 

"You don't like it?", I said scared.

"No, no. I do, I do. It's just that no ones ever cooked food like this before for me.", Emma said shyly. I sighed in relief.

"That's good to hear.", I said and gave her a reassuring smile. She smiled back at me and I felt safe again. Whenever I was near her I felt safe. "Has the notes helped you?", I asked her.

"A little", she said. "I still don't get some of the concepts. They're hard to remember."

"Hey... It's okay. The nervous system is one of the hardest systems to learn. I had a heard studying it", I laughed. "I read the chapter about 5 times!", I said and flashed her a smile. I lied I only read it once but I was really into that kind of stuff. I had a feeling her parents forced her into this. It saddened me to think that this beautiful girl was taken away from her dream. If she had a dream that is. She never really told me about it. I didn't tell her my dream either. Is that why? Maybe... "Look, we can work this out together you and me. Does that sound good to you?", I said and smiled at her trying to make her feel better.

"Yeah...", she said softly and smiled at me.

We worked for about an hour and 30 minutes when her phone rang. It was Ethan. I was honestly annoyed, but once again I tried to keep my cool for Emma. Emma looked at the phone and she looked worried. 

She picked up the phone, 

--------------------On Call--------------------

"Yes babe?"

"Where are you?",  Ethan said on the other line.

"I'm studying for a test."

"Oh... I had plans for us.", Ethan said sounding disappointing.

"Oh! We can still do them. I'll be over in a bit let me pack my stuff"

"Yay!"

"Bye."

"Bye, Bye"

--------------------End Call--------------------

Ethan hung up and Emma got straight to packing up her things. I felt a little sad. 

"If you need any help again, you're free to come over whenever you like", I said and smiled. I wanted to spend so much time with her. She is my anchor. She is what makes me happy. She is what keeps me going. I'm not going to lose her. Not to Ethan.