16

"do you have a reservation?" the hostess at me and daniels favorite restaurant asks

right now we are at the fanciest restaurant that we like to go to

it's not too expensive cause i know i don't want to spend his money

"yes under Seavey"

"okay right this way we have a private table for you" she brings us to some private area and i stare at daniel

"why did you do that"

"well it is your birthday duh"

i roll my eyes and smile as i sit down

"you look really pretty under these lights" he tells me

"you're just saying that so i'm not mad at you"

"that's one reason but the other is you really do. i was only gone for a few days but i missed your beautiful face"

"speaking of when do you have to go back"

"whenever i want to go. but i think i have to go in a few weeks for some interview"

"oh. i wish i could be there with you. it's not even that it's hawaii or that everyone's there it's just that i want to be around you. i've been so sad and lonely this week"

"aw don't say that"

"but it's true you're the only person who talks to me ever. my parents don't like me for whatever reason, i have no other friends, the boys hate me because of their girlfriends and no one even tries to get to know me. you're literally the only person that likes me that i also like. when you're not here i'm alone and lonely"

"that makes me really upset and sad. just know that i love you with all my heart and i'll always be here for you even if i'm in Hawaii. and you know you can call me whenever you want"

"i just don't want to bother you when you're supposed to be having a fun time"

"you never bother me babe."

"you're just saying that"

"i promise you i'm not. look you're my absolute favorite person on this whole planet and whenever you want to talk to me most likely i want to talk to you too."

"i just wish things were different you know. i wish we could tell the world we're dating and people be okay with it but I know that will never happen. people hate me no matter what and they'll always say i'm using you or you're going to leave me for a fan one day"

"who's saying that?"

"my comments are filled with it. all i get is hate and it's stupid. we're happy together and in love so why do these people care" i start to tear up but I quickly wipe my tear away

however daniel sees that and moves his chair over to me

he hugs me and i cry into his shoulder

"i'm sorry people treat you like that you don't deserve it not one bit"

"i try to not let it bother me but it's come to a point that all i see is hate towards me and i'm starting to believe what they say"

"which part?"

"that you'll eventually leave me for a fan or really any girl that is prettier than me. i don't like thinking that you'll do that to me but i see all these girls that want you and they're all stunning and i know you'll leave me for a girl like that"

"i'm never leaving you Delilah. Once this band dies down and we're older i'm marrying you and we're having a family so get that out of your head. everytime a girl comes up to me and tries to flirt with me i literally walk away. you're the only girl i want and the only girl i'll ever need"

"promise?"

"yes i promise and i'm happy you said that because i actually have a gift for you" he pulls out a box from his pocket and opens it to take out this really pretty ring

"what's that?"

"it's a promise ring. it's a promise that i'll never leave you. think about it as a pre-engagement engagement ring. this shows that you're mine until we can finally get married to each other. so will you take this promise ring and promise me the same. that you'll never leave me"

"i wouldn't be able to ever leave a man zi like you Daniel James Seavey"

"good because even if you didn't accept it you're still never leaving me"