Winnie

She held the key in her paw happily, Dennis made sure that she was in charge of possessing the key as she was just as excited as he was to find out what treasure has been hidden away for them to find.

The cold steel chewed its way through Winnie's paw, she switched the key from paw to paw as to try and reduce how cold it felt but it didn't go away. "This key is so cold," she said biting her lip from the pain. "It's getting colder the longer I hold it, Dennis." He gazed at her and placed his hand on her paw, the key now touching his palm. His hand flinched from the coldness and pulled away quickly, "That must mean something. Soon it will become so cold we won't be able to touch it." He said. Winnie chewed her lip from the pain. "Maybe it's like a timer and we only have a certain amount of time to find where it goes?" She chirped. Dennis nodded and planted a soft kiss on Winnie's lip. "You're a genius, Winnie! You are onto something." Her tail wagged rapidly from the kiss and happily wandered with Dennis while ignoring the coldness from the key. For a short while, it returned and was worse than before she started holding it.

"Here, let me take it," Dennis said gently taking the key from her paw. "I'll just put it in my pocket." The key made a soft ding as it gently landed inside his pocket. The coldness licked at his leg while it was in his pocket, but he could take it she noted plainly. "We must find this treasure soon," she said. Dennis gave a curt nod to agree and off they went.

It was clear that the storage room was never kept to high standards Winnie noted, dust and spiderwebs were scattered around at the entrance and inside. It was quite large for a storage room and rarely used. Everybody knew there was a big chest down inside but it was presumed to be not of important interested, or so uncle Dracula said when she questioned him about it with Dennis. That was a long time ago, though. He did say that something lived in here but never said what it was, apparently friendly though but often sleeps. "Over here Winnie," Dennis called to her. Her paw feet shuffled and found him pointing at a big long-armed creature sleeping and wrapped around the chest that they were looking for.

Winnie whispered, "He's on the chest . . ." 

Dennis gently walked towards the chest while she bit her lip hoping not to wake the creature. It was oily, grey and had more than 8 arms. Suddenly the arms started moving and great black eyes opened, it managed a groan. "Whooooo goes there?" It's eyes gazing up at them. "I am Winnie, and this is my zing Dennis," she said blushing slightly . . . Dennis was lost for words and couldn't say anything as he mumbled out words trying to form a sentence. The creature smiled, showing it's razor-sharp teeth and chuckled softly.  "'Zing' hah. Now that's not a word I've heard in over 90 years, it's nice to see the tradition going." 

She gave a glance to Dennis noticing him still blush. "But that begs the question for you both, why are you here?" Its arms snaked down towards the wet damp wooden floor, raising itself to seem more active than he was when slumped and wrapped around the chest. "We are here for the chest," Dennis said with confidence. "We have the key here," the creature smiled. Small glints of light shined off its teeth and then nodded, "Ah yes, it is indeed the chest that can be opened by that key. Your mom was down here for me to guard this chest, you know." Winnie looked at the creature's arms and then to the chest as her tail wagged gently, "Can we open it Mr Arms?" she asked. "Unfortunately not my dear werewolf, it seems that you both must answer me a small question in order to gain access to this chest," the creature began. "A small challenge of sorts to show how good your memory is, but this question is more for Dennis." It finished, its hot breath was felt against her fur she noted. And she didn't like it. 

She shifted closer to Dennis as to avoid the heavy breathing, "Ask us and we will be on our way," the cute vampire said. Winnie was lost in looking into his face at this moment but snapped out of it, remembering the task at paw.  "Very well," it said. "What was the name of your favourite character, Dennis?" He giggled and answered straight away, "Kakie. It was Kakie." The creature nodded and slid off the chest and out the door to the storage room without saying a word. 

His hand went into his pocket and pulled out the key giving it to Winnie, the coldness consumed her paw quickly but she knew what to do. Gently but quickly, she put the key into the golden keyhole and then snap. The top of the chest popped off and inside, glistening in full gold was a sword perfect for the size of Dennis. Next to the sword was a note. Gently her paw taken the note and flipped it over and began to read aloud.

Congratulations on passing the small test, Dennis and Winnie! We are very proud of you! But from here the challenges are going to get much more difficult and with it, you will be fighting creatures soon that will try to harm you. You both always wanted an adventure with all risks involved and so here it is. Next, you must go to the forest - be careful - it will be slippery and dangerous. There you will find your next step into finding us. Remember, if you do not wish to continue this challenge and adventure then return to Wanda where it will end. If you continue, then Goodluck! You are getting closer and closer to finding us, and getting the biggest prize!

-Mavis

"It looks like we have a lot on our shoulders here, Dennis. Can we do this?" she asked. She felt his hand slowly guide into her paw and tangle around her paw digits as he smiled at her. "We can do anything together," he hugged tightly as her arms found themselves wrapping around him also. "Let's continue and find this ultimate prize . . . Together!" She chirped happily leaving giving Dennis the key back "We might need this again later my Zing," his hand taken the key and put it back into his pocket, prompting them both to make their way out of the storage room and soon into the deep dark forest once again.