1

Zayn stares down at the ad, thinking it’s too good to be true. There’s no way. He doesn’t have this kind of luck, or fortune.

Male, early twenties, seeking roommate and part-time animal caretaker. Is out of town 6 months out of the year, but covers half the rent all year round. Spacious, two bedroom apartment with a washer and dryer, utilities included. If interested, please call the number listed below and ask for Harry Styles.

“It’s perfect for you,” Louis says, sinking down onto the couch beside Zayn. “Perfect.”

Zayn looks up at him, shaking his head. “There’s got to be a catch. Maybe he’s a serial killer.”

Louis roles his eyes. “Come on, Zayn. The apartment’s all yours for six months, and you only have to walk his dog. Plus, Niall knows the guy well, apparently. Harry, or whoever he is.”

Zayn rereads the ad for a third time. “What’s he do, though? I mean, why’s he gone all the time?”

“Military man, apparently,” Louis supplies. “He’s always deployed somewhere out of the country.”

Zayn bites his lip, still hesitant. He’s desperate, though; there’s no way he can continue living in the University dorms. He needs more space - his own space- and this apartment sounds like the best he’s going to get.

“Should I go for it?” Zayn asks Louis.

Louis nods. “Plus,” he says, snatching the paper from Zayn’s hands. “You love dogs.”