Chapter 1-The First Meet

It wasn't just another day. Only some are fortunate enough to live this day.
This was the day that would bear him the fruit of all the hard work he had done for the past many years. He had worked from the scratch to reach here.
Rakshit Shergill wore the designer suit that his designer has designed for his big day. Everyone around him were chirping with excitement. Though he seemed to act like he was excited, as a matter of fact he wasn't .
This events and awards meant a great deal to him a few years back, when he began his career. But now this all seemed so irrelevant. Happiness exited from his life the day his sister Mahi left him. Something was amiss from his life...
* * *
He reached the venue right before time. There were reporters flashing their cameras and shouting questions at him. He somehow made his way through the crowd and reached the beautifully decorated hall. That's when his phone buzzed it was his mom 'Mahima Shergill'.
"Beta aaj teri zindagi ka sabse khaas din hai.. meri duayein hamesha tumhare saath hai... Bhagwan tujhe saari khushiyan dein..."
It was hard for him to contain his emotions. He loved his mom very much and her absence on his special day made him miss her more.
*************
A sound broke his reverie. The voice of a girl,which was honey to the ears. He looked about to find a girl playing with the balloons around. Though her back was turned to him he had this gut feeling of knowing her but he was irritated with her childish behaviour which he hated in people.. It was so irritating..
When she turned around that's when he saw her face for the first time. If the phrase "angel descended from heaven" had a face it would have looked like her. Her brown eyes, long silky hair, her lips, her nose everything about her were special.. really special....
Guys in the party were staring at her, but what caught Rakshit's heart was her eyes. They twinkled with happiness and life... Which he hadn't felt and lived since past few years..
*******
It has been one hour since the event started. After the hit and miss Rakshit could not find her. Though he was physically present there his mind was full of her thoughts. His train of thoughts were broken when he heard the host announce "And the most awaited award for this evening - The Business Man Of The Year goes to Mr.Rakshit Shergill. And to present this award I would like to call upon Ms Drishti Sharma to the dias. Rakshit walked upto the stage only to find the girl who had conquered his thoughts for the past one hour smiling at him and giving the momento to him and chirped out "Congratulations Rakshit"
No one made his name feel so special before.
And shook his hands with all her might. He felt a tingling sensation in his hands.
************************************
This is my first ff dedicated to drikshit... Do let me know how is it? And what changes should I make..