Chapter 5-The Scars Of The Past

A truck was speeding towards her car. Divya was trying to apply the brakes but it wasn't working. Her best friend screamed at the top of her voice. Divya's mind was completely blanked out. She tried deviating the car from the truck's path. Though she was successful to avoid collision with a speeding truck their car collided with a tree. The glass broke and Divya and her best friend were thrown out of it. Before her eyes shut down she saw herself lying on a pool of her own blood and the lifeless body of her dear friend lying beside.
Divya woke up with a start. It was the same old nightmare that had been haunting her every night for the past three years. She reached out for a glass of water kept on her side table. But the jug of water was empty. She went downstairs to the kitchen to drink a glass of water. She was about to return to her room when she say that the lights were still on in her sisters room. She went into to find her sister still working on her laptop. She went and sat beside her on the bed, keeping her head on Drishti's shoulder she said,"Di itna stress lene ki zaroorat nahi hai. I am very sure kal aapka presentation bahut achcha jayega."
Drishti smiled at her and caressed her cheeks. She got up and kept her laptop on the study table. Looking at Divya she said, "Bahut der ho gayi hai hum dono ko so jaana chahiye." She put out the lights and laid down on the bed. Divya came rolling from the other side and nuzzled closer to her sister. There were no nightmares that could haunt her when her sister was around, for she was her dreamcatcher.
*********************
Drishti woke up when her alarm buzzed in the morning. She got up to switch it off quickly since she didn't want Divya's sleep to be disturbed. She was caressing her hair when she heard her fumbling in her sleep, "Mere wajah se tumhari maut hui hai mujhe maaf kar do."
Drishti was stunned. She had never expected that her sister was still under the trauma of that accident. The accident that changed Divya's life, the accident that changed all their lives. She wiped the tears from her own cheeks and went to the washroom to freshen up.
****************
By the time Divya woke up her sister had gone. She got up lazily and went to freshen up. She went downstairs and found her mother reading the newspaper. She hugged her mom tightly and whispered "Good morning maa." Her mother hugged her back and took her to the breakfast table. They both had their breakfast together. Divya found the meal more tastier than it was before.
*******************
Drishti reached her office and was greeted by everyone there. But still her eyes were searching for someone.
He hadn't come to the office yet. Was he not going to come today. She felt a pang of sadness surge within her. But then he never made last minute plans nor had he never come late to office. She tried to ring him up. It was a long wait before he lifted his phone.
Drishti literally screamed at him,"Ek phone uthane ke liye kitna time lagta hai. Pata hai main kitni pareshaan ho gayi thi."
"I am sorry Drishti. But woh actually kya hua na main hospital main hoon toh mujhe aane mein der ho jayegi aur phone silent pe tha isliye dhyaan bhi nahi gaya. Accident...."
Before Rakshit could complete his sentence Drishti broke in,"Accident kab kahaan kaise? Zyaada chhot toh nahi aayi na. Dhyaan se nahi chala sakte tum gaadi. Main abhi aa rahi hoon tumse milne. Pata nahi tum kya samajhte ho khudko."
Rakshit was baffled. On one hand he was happy to see her concern on the other hand he was stunned to know her work was secondary to her when it came to him.
Rakshit spoke calmly, "Drishti main bilkul theek hoon. Accident mera nahi mere bhai Shikhar ka hua tha. Woh bhi kal. Aaj bas doctor ke paas checkup ke liye aaye the."
Drishti was relieved to know that he was perfectly alright but felt embarrassed for her sudden outburst. She hung up the call. She felt a heavy weight lift from her heart. The weight that came upon her when she heard he had met with an accident.
***************
Rakshit's phone was on speaker when he received Drishti's call. His mother and brother who were along with him into he car had witnessed Drishti's burst out. Shikhar started pulling Rakshit's leg. While Mahima felt happy that there was someone who cared for her son other than his own family. She wouldn't mind even if this someone become an inseparable part of her son Rakshit's life.
***************************
Rakshit felt happy to know that she was so much concerned about his safety and well-being. While he had tried to push away the romantic thoughts that came to his mind whenever he thought of Drishti, but the closeness between them never let him forgo this feeling within him. Maybe for her he was just a dear friend, like she said to Divya but for him she had been a beautiful dream come true. His heart urged him to feel her skin and trace his fingers through that soft skin of hers. Whenever the wind played with her hair he wanted to tuck it behind her ears. Was it just an attraction or some deep unknown connection that tied their heartstrings together. He didn't know. He just wanted her to be his forever.
******************************
Divya was surfing through the internet to find the best hospital where she could seek a counselor's help. She found a hospital named "Nityami Hospitals" which seemed to have a good reputation in this field. She took an appointment with one Dr. Shergill. She got up and got ready to ho out. Little did she know her life was about to come at a turning point.
********************
Shikhar began his work as an intern at the hospital. But then when he met the interview panel they were too impressed by them and recruited him right away. That's how he became a part of "Nityami Hospitals." He had few appointments today because of which he had to go to the hospital inspite of not being in a great condition. He saw the names of the patient's for the day. One name caught his attention. Divya Sharma. There was nothing new in that name, but he felt like some strange connection with this person. He pushed away these thoughts and prepared a coffee for himself and turned back his focus to the other files.
***************
Divya reached the hospital. She went to the receptionist and enquired about her appointment. The receptionist asked her to wait for a while since Dr. Shergill was in between a session with another patient. She waited for a while after which she was summoned. She went in to find the biggest shock of her life.
**********************************
Thank you for all the love and support. Hope you love this update. Do let me know your thoughts on it.
You guys motivate me.
Lots of love
Anu♥