XLVI

It is so hard for me to get back into writing, I feel sort of disconnected from it, you know? Which is extremely sad for me because it's one of my favorite things.

QOTC: what do you think about the new cover?

I don't love it, but I got so bored of all the ones I already have, so expect me to change it again!

If yall don't comment your thoughts throughout this chapter I'm gonna be mad. I've warned you.

I stopped giving her attention, for she was clearly enjoying it way too much

Alison knew what she was doing.
Regardless of her young age, the girl was pure seduction, sin and sex in the shape of an angelic-looking teenager, and she was aware of it.
Yet angelic wouldn't be the first adjective to come to mind when seeing her wrap her body around a man more than twice her age, giggling in the flirtiest of ways and then staring at me to study my reaction.

I turned around so that I wouldn't be forced to look at her as she almost fucked that idiot in front of me, deciding instead to ask for a glass of something, anything, as long as it contained alcohol.
Bloody brat is making me drink. But, just like her, I was only going to get one glass, because I needed to be sober for what I had planned. I couldn't risk losing control again.

"Rough night?" Voiced Clark, one of the teachers I actually was friends with, stepping in my direction with an amused expression etched on his face. "It barely started and you're already ordering whiskey?" He added with a short chuckle, leaning his back against the counter.

I shrugged as I kept my eyes fixated on the bottle containing the soothing brown liquor. "I need a boost. Prom is fun for the kids, not for us."
I glanced at him and saw that he was looking at something very attentively, he wasn't just casually surveilling the dance floor.

"Alison Rivers' date seems quite too old for her, don't you think?" He commented in a genuinely interested tone, clearly following the movements of the two.

I grabbed my glass way more harshly than I normally would've and downed half of its contents in one sip, relishing in the burning sensation in my throat that however couldn't compare with the blazing anger I felt at the mere mention of that man. "I agree." I mumbled bitterly.

"I wonder what the relationship between them is. I guess he could be a family friend, but him being here as her date makes no sense, right? Do you think they're...? But then again, if that were the case, would they expose themselves like this? And he's way too old for her no matter what. I don't get it."

"I don't know, Clark, and honestly I couldn't care less about the personal life of a student." I retorted irritatedly, finishing my drink and having to restrain myself from ordering another one. I knew that if I exaggerated, I was going to lose control.