𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

Feeling his vision tunnel, Jake knew that he was being summoned again for another trial. Being summoned to a trial was put under anesthesia. He fell into it between one breath and the next. Jake blinked away dark spots from his vision, the weight of a toolbox in his hand. Fog just crept in at the base of maple trees, their branches against the dark sky creating a sheltered canopy above him. Street lights exposed the fronts of once-idyllic houses left to decay on both sides of a narrow street where a police car was parked haphazardly sideways.

As he realize where he was, Jake's entire body began to shake and still with terror. The fear he felt was sitting on him like a pillow over my mouth and nose. Enough air gets by it, allowing Jake body to keep functioning, but it's crippling all the same. The Entity must have enjoyed making him suffer by forcing him to do trials with The Shape.

Jake carefully walked around the side of the house, the wooden slats brushed against his fingers as he went down a narrow path. Setting down his toolbox, Jake try to use a new strategy to keep his teammates alive by sabotaging the hooks. He didn't know who was with him, but hopefully they were working on getting generators fixed. The only thing audible was his own breathing and the occasional faint cry of a bird. Listening out, Jake dismantled where the metal hook was clamped within the housing that ran between the hook's wooden beams. Before it could fall, Jake stood to catch and lower the metal piece to the ground.

A generator popped into life across the street, the loud bang warping a hole in reality. He waited, tense, to see if whoever had triggered it was safe. Unfortunately, his vague awareness of the other three survivors sharpened into a sudden knowledge that one of them was being attacked just as he heard distant shouts.

The scream pierces the foggy Skies like the air raid sirens. It echoed through the entire realm making the origin hard to pin-point. It happened so quickly: between a blink of an eye the shadow fizzled out into black smoke, signaling someone already died. Dropping into a paranoid Crouch, Jake felt frustrated and scared. His plan to sabotage the hooks was pointless, Especially when Myers referred to brutally stabbed his victims to death.

Slowly, Jake searched for the reflective shine of generator lights. The sooner he got them working, the faster he could escape and not have to deal with Myers. After wandering around for a short bit, he finally found a generator. He glanced around as settled in front of it with the perimeter at his back so that he had a clear view if anyone came from any of the other directions.

More streams continue to Echo in the Dark Skies like a symphony of pain and suffering. Even though we hate to admit it, Jake felt somewhat reassured by hearing the screams. It showed

Myers wasn't that close as his brain insisted. Peeking his head upwards, he looks from behind the machine and waited. Through the damp air, he could see two shapes stumbling in his direction, one in front of the other.

As they came closer, their outlines solidified into Laurie dragging Feng by her wrists behind her. Blood is doubt from their injuries, which indicated that they had an encounter with Myers. Noticing them, Jake popped off the generator and quickly rushed over to them. "Go! Hide!" Laurie ordered, shoving Feng in his direction as she continued to sprint past them. Laurie was going to try and distract him, Jake realized and huddled down with Feng.

Even though his footsteps weren't Audible, both of them were able to hear his breath. He was breathing loud enough that they could track his passing. A chill running down his spine, Jake and Feng waited there until the feeling faded enough that they were confident to start moving.

Crouching, the two of them slowly made their way back to the generator, but before they could continue to repair it. Feng silently pointed at her middle where a shallow slash across her. Nodding, Shake mumbled in a shaky voice, "I don't have a medkit on me but I could try to help" As quiet as he could, tried his best to fix her injuries. Due Feng last encounter with Myers, she was completely traumatized and unable to keep up her strong facade. The Confident person that she once was slowly turned into a fearful child when she was in a realm with Myers.

🎉 You've finished reading ᴷⁱˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ᴹᵉ ˢᵒᶠᵗˡʸ ⁽ᴶᵃᵏᵉ ᴾᵃʳᵏ ˣ ᴹⁱᶜʰᵉᵃˡ ᴹʸᵉʳˢ⁾ 🎉