Chapter Twenty Three

Word Count: 1698

~Rosie

This kiss means something.

I'm not sure if it's born out of desperation, or it's from a raging amount of emotion after Time witnessed his break up with Amaris again. Either way, we seem to have no time for soft, gentle kisses. This is all heat, passion and desire. I'm pinned to the bed, Time's hands all over me, his lips drawing sensations from my body that I've never felt before.

There's no hope for me to pull myself away from him. My entire body reacts to his touch, and the sparks that dance across my skin as a result. He goes from cupping my face to running his hands down my shoulders, arms and then to my waist, where he pulls me up against his body.

My breath is running low, but it hardly matters, as he pulls away from my kiss, instead turning his attention to my neck.
The intense feelings consume me, and I can't stop.

All rational thoughts have since blown from my mind. All that I can think about is the way he is touching me, his fingers adeptly hitching up my dress around my waist, slowly pulling it up my legs. His mouth runs along my neck, sucking my skin to the point it almost hurts, scraping his teeth along the surface.

I can't help the sounds of pleasure coming from my mouth, clearly lighting a fire within my mate, whose grip on me tightens. With a press of his hips against mine, I can feel how hard he is, showing me completely how desperately he wants me.

My dress is up to my hips, only barely covering my lower half. My hands grip his back, feeling each muscle pulse and move beneath my fingertips.

How far am I going to let this go...?

There's no way I'm planning on stopping. Time's hands wander past my hips and to my thighs, where I feel him hesitate. His fingers are close enough to feel the wetness gathering between my legs. I want to rear up, to beg him to continue, but I stop myself, freezing. A rush of thoughts fills my mind, as I watch him pull away slightly, closing his eyes.

"I shouldn't," he breathes, barely managing to choke the words out. Despite seeing how much he struggles to stop himself, I pull myself up against the headboard. Time kneels in his place, wincing, as if he has just hurt himself or something.

"What do you mean?" I ask softly, tucking my knees up to my chest. My cheeks burn intensely, as I pull my dress down over my legs, covering myself.

Does he not want me? Did I do something wrong?

"I shouldn't be kissing you right now. I shouldn't be accepting your affections when I know how you're going to see me soon," he admits, running his hand back through his hair. I watch the way his ebony hair falls from his fingers and back around his forehead. Those golden eyes are glazed, as he stares off away from me.

"I thought we got over that," I say hoarsely. I'm not sure why he is clinging to this idea so desperately, but it is giving me anxiety. What is coming next in our trip, is going to be bad, and I'm going to have to prepare myself for it.

"If you are tempted to come to me about..." he breaks off, motioning in-between us, clearly hinting at what just happened. "This, then you can. But only after you know who I've been for the past few thousand years. The man I still am."

I let out a sigh. "Who are you, then?"

Time looks pained. "I don't know."

Clenching my jaw, I look away from him at the bedsheets in front of me. My body is starting to feel the regret, but I refuse to dwell on it. I wanted him. In that moment, what I wanted most in the world was to tear his clothes off and have him right then and there. Completely. As bad as that might seem, I refuse to feel guilty for the way I feel.